Tuesday 7 July 2020

My Sundays Are All About Huffing and Puffing


Yes, I went to Perdana Botanical Garden again. It looks like this will be a permanent feature in my Sunday morning routine and I love it!


This time we were required to register at the entrance. According to the guard, the garden experienced very high number of visitors, hence the need for registration.

We arrived earlier that morning and had more time to walk. I realized how unfit I am hah..hah... I was a little winded and had to suck in a lot of air.


After completing our circuit, we came across this Malaysia Cartoon & Comic House.


Unfortunately, it was closed.


It was nostalgic looking at Lat's cartoon characters as well as other characters from the Gila Gila magazine that I used to read when I was in secondary school.


This is the first time I see peanut plant.


A purple orchid amongst pinkish pretty flowers.


More orchids.


For lunch I had Dahmakan's Roast Chicken Chop Ratatouille. I'm afraid it was not to my liking, no fault of the chef.


Dinner was leftover rice from a food prep and extra basil chicken from my partner's Friday dinner.


I felt tired after the walk because of the extra rounds. Besides we walked the elevated walkways which was very tough on the legs. But I am happy I got a good workout.

26 comments:

  1. Is this somewhere near Parliament Building? I think we had a picnic there once...1986! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, near the Tugu Negara too. 1986 I was in university hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. I love a good long walk too... after that, eat more without feeling guilty... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like elevated walkways in general but I am too lazy to exercise though I like walking. So if TM wants to stalk you, he can now go to this garden early morning on Sunday. I am sure he can spot you easily, lolx! Thanks for the photos, very nice your walk. Now that you are exercising, you can eat more! Can eat one whole durian and one whole cake on Saturday and walk them all off on Sunday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Eating too much after exercise will cancel out the effects.

      Delete
  4. Why didn't you like the chicken ratatouille? Was there a specific smell or taste that put you off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the taste and flavor. I don't know how to describe it.

      Delete
  5. Is the bird park still there? I think 20 years ago, I went to the bird park there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the bird park is still there.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a big fan of ratatouille myself...especially when dahmakan just plonk a roast chicken leg on top and call it roast chicken chop ratatouille...lol! I guess I'd rather have a roast chicken chop...and a ratatouille....separately! :D

    So, you huffed....and you puffed...but did you blow Lat's attap house down? Kekeke! ;D A good workout = one more big meal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I blow Lat's attap house down? hah..hah..hah... very farnee.. The problem with a workout like that is, you get hungry after that and you eat a lot and you cancel out the effect of the exercise. Haiz...how to slim down like that? LOL!

      Delete
  7. oooh peanut plant....got peanuts ar?? I can't remember what I read in the 'gila gila' magazines...it has been 30 years....and those black and white comics make my eyes sore....lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peanuts are in the ground, didn't check. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Have not been going for my morning walks since I have a treadmill at home. Do my walk on the treadmill. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How convenient. You can walk anytime of the day!

      Delete
  9. Once your muscles get used to the walking, you will feel fine and won't be tired. Are you required to wear mask in the garden? I wonder whether the Lat exhibition is the same as the one exhibited in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to build up my stamina. No, we are not required to wear a mask.

      Delete
  10. ahhhh ... a good walk to clear the mind and to stop and smell the orchids! :D i definitely had no idea a malaysian cartoon house existed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know of the existence either until I saw it that day! It would be nice to visit and look see inside.

      Delete
  11. You must try the stairs PH at the Lake Gardens. They are amazing for the thighs and butt....at least try it once up and once down to start with..also if you want a little adventure, across the lake gardens where the Tugu is, is Taman Tugu. A nice simple hike. You may like it. :) Enjoy the walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? I will be going to Taman Tugu this Sunday. hee..hee..

      Delete
    2. Ooh! Lovely...have fun. It's a lovely walk / hike....:)

      Delete
  12. No breakfast session at KL after the morning walk?

    ReplyDelete