Tuesday 28 July 2020

I Ate Something Good Today : Seoul Station@The Starling (CLOSED)


I have eaten at Seoul Station before but I only enjoyed the fried chicken. Recently when I was at A Foodie's Nest@The Starling, I noticed that Seoul Station added a few new dishes to their menu.


One of them was Jeyuk Bokkeum (RM20.00), a spicy stir fried oink oink dish. Why not, eh? Just give it a try. It might be nice.


Oh! It does look nice, served on a hot plate but it sizzled just for a short time when I picked it up from the counter.

Besides the spicy stir fried oink oink, you get rice, soup (very tasty) and two banchan of kimchi and brinjal


I must say the the Jeyuk Bokkeum was outstanding. Moderately spicy and truly delicious. The portion size was generous too.


I enjoyed the kimchi but the brinjal was bland. It needed a bit more seasoning.

As I was enjoying my meal, the spicy kick from the chilies in the dish started to tickle my throat. You know how it is with spicy dishes, sometimes it makes you cough or even tear up.

So I had to cough. ehek...ehek... It takes a lot of effort to cough softly. In this day and age of the Covid-19 pandemic, if you cough, all eyes will be on you and you will be viewed as a potential threat to humanity.

Ehek...ehek... The guy at the next table who was having a drink with his female companion turned to look at me. Ooops... I tried taking small sips of the warm soup to soothe my throat. It seemed to help some. 

Then I couldn't hold back and again, covered my mouth with the serviette and coughed ehek.. one time only at short intervals. ehek... The guy and his companion quickly left.

And then there was another guy at the table on my right. I took a discreet glance at him and noted he had earphones on. Ahah! So I went full throttle.  EHEK...EHEK...EHEK.. He was oblivious to what was happening of course. After that, I was fine and finished my meal. So folks, sometimes a cough is just a cough. Don't get all paranoid. 

After that, I went for a walk.


I came upon this kitty. Skinny fella with a bushy tail. I couldn't help it, I petted it's head (I don't know if it is male or female). I know it is not safe to simply approach a cat as it can scratch or bite.

But this one was so adorable, it rolled on it's back, grabbed my hand and gave me a playful soft bite. This must be someone's cat, since it is so tame and agreeable.

On the home front, on the suggestion of a friend, I bought a cat bed for my cat. Something soft that she might like.


But no, she refused to have anything to do with it. When I carried and placed her on her cat bed, she jumped up like a cartoon. It was quite comical.


So I use her cat bed as a foot rest. I love it because it is so soft and woolly.


Yup she snuggles up to me when I am on the sofa. 


And she does what she does best - oi oi


Haiz.... I love my cat!

20 comments:

  1. Aiyo, so adorable la when she oi oi on your leg. Thanks for the photos. So now that you go to the office to work everyday, when you get back home, she will be waiting for you in your car porch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she comes to the gate to greet me :)

      Delete
  2. The pork on the hot plate looks so flavourful. The brinjal would be perfect for me. Yes I know all about the spiciness that could cause your throat to itch. So many asymptomatic cases now, I too would leave immediately if someone is coughing because chances are that person won't even know that he/she is asymptomatic so better be paranoid than to be lax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must bring a small bottle of water with me to soothe my throat..

      Delete
  3. After your smell is on the new soft bed, she will go sleep in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should go for Korean one of these days, been so very long but my girl is not so keen on dining out just yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to err on the side of caution. Cases are rising and I hope we don't go on lockdown again!

      Delete
  5. Nowadays, when someone coughs or sneezes, instinctively all eyes will be on you...it's like you're the bearer of the plague or something...wuahahahaha! :D

    I also thought of getting a cat bed for Cookie too but decided against it for fear of the same thing happening...that he would avoid the cat bed. I think it has to be introduced early one coz, once a cat is set in his ways, he won't sleep on the cat bed...and for Cookie, it's the red pillow. He sees that and he'll instinctively climb on top to sit or sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Now coughing and sneezing are a no no.

      It looks like that cat bed is now meant for my feet hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. the cat bed is too new and got factory smell...and the wool doesn't get ur smell yet, so mayb ah girl dislike it. The spicy oink oink dish looks quite palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she doesn't like those furry things. Geli maybe hah..hah...

      Delete
  7. She just loves snuggling next to her mama!! About the cough, I can really relate to you.. few times I tahan till my eyes turned teary.. no choice,same as you, inside a cafe... tried ahem.. ahemm... many times so as not to cough loudly.. wahhh.. very susah la! On the other hand, there was this young girl sitting next to my table, she coughed and coughed and I could deduce the cough is those phlegm-my ones... oh my! She was really sick, not because of the spicyness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. it is so nice to have a pet! Alamak! Those people who are sick should avoid going to public places.

      Delete
  8. Your title is very encouraging. I also ate something good today and it was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love surprises, pleasant ones of course hah..hah..

      Delete
  9. I also had korean food recently too, bbq chicken with rice, default soup and side dish of kimchi, yums like yours too. They hv korean tofu soup too which i want to try the next round. Such adorable pics of your ah girl, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the kimchi stew one of these days. Thanks for liking Ah Girl's photos :)

      Delete
  10. The portion of the spicy stir fried pork was certainly generous and I would probably tapao some home for another meal :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is generous and worth it lah. Maybe you can eat only half but I sapu all. LOL!

      Delete