Tuesday 24 March 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #7 (Mee Goreng)


It's been a week already today. How are you all holding up? Going bonkers? Not me. I am actually enjoying my time at home. There is another 7 days to go. I hope the MCO ends then so that I can go back to work and earn money hah..hah...

So. Did I call Grabfood? I was tempted to but nope, I tahan. Some more Grabfood announced 30% discount (on selected restaurants) from today till end of this month.


Since I am so gung ho on cooking my own, I made my Grandma's Fried Mee. It's been a while since I ate this and I am keeping it for tonight's dinner.


I had a packet of asparagus which I picked up from Jaya Grocer last week and some leftover bacon. So it became stir fried asparagus with bacon.



So what was for lunch?


Yesterday's leftover lousy dry chicken curry, awesome spicy potatoes and some of my stir fried asparagus.


Yesterday evening, my cat kena bungkus again. She got fed up and decided to hangout upstairs without me.


So cheeky.


She stayed there the whole time until it was time for bed. This morning when I woke up, she was still there.


I am going to cook soup again tomorrow. I have been eating too much carbs. 

22 comments:

  1. wah, all your food is so tasty la! hehehe, seems like she has a favourite spot to sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to sleep everywhere in the house!

      Delete
  2. No, not bonkers yet if I am still publishing my posts! LOL... Enjoying my daily cooking in fact.. not fed up yet at the moment.. ahemmmm... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Good that you are enjoying your daily cooking since the RMO has been extended.

      Delete
  3. What's the last one? Grandma's fried mee plus the asparagus & bacon? I'd go for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....Your Grandma's fried mee with prawns and awesome spicy potatoes look so good and yummy! Ha ha your cat is so cute, staying away before she gets bungkus again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the food hee..hee... My cat is very mischievous :)

      Delete
  5. Karbonhidrattan uzak durmak lazım. Aman dikkat. Fazlası kilo:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hayatım! Haklısın. Daha az yemeliyim.

      Delete
  6. Fried mee with asparagus and bacon for me. There is no movement control in sg so we can still dine out. Hope your country's cases drop and the mco won't get extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid cases have spiked and our PM just announced an extension of another 14 days! Sobs!

      Delete
  7. What will happen if someone did not obey the mco?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A quick glance of your first photo, I thought your asparagus was fried with dried chillies...haha! :O I see you're very gung ho on cooking, cooking dishes that need more 'work', even cooking lunch (I cook only dinner)...and I cook dishes that use 1 - 2 ingredients only (maybe up to 3 max)...haha! Lazy me...I prefer to keep it simple coz I never cooked daily before. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dried chilies are from the curry hee..hee.. There are days when I opt for easy way out. Like today I cooked a big batch of soup and beef ragu so that on certain days I need not cook at all.

      Delete
  9. appetizing! can do 'Michelin-star' food panda business already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. cannot lah. Only for sendiri makan :)

      Delete
  10. Honestly, I'm very happy at home. I am grateful to be able to stay home and be comfortable. I know many are not so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i also had quite a lot of carbo during MCO, not to mention the potato chips, chocolates, biscuits and bla bla bla.... =.="

    ReplyDelete