Sunday 29 March 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #12 (Leftovers)


Today I went grocery shopping. I am happy to report that it was a lot more pleasant than day 4 since the management of Aeon has put in place proper procedures at the entrance.


There were barriers set up to manage the queue.


Red tape was pasted on the floor so that shoppers maintain the correct distance from each other. Everything went very smoothly and the line moved quickly.


Aeon also provides personal shopping assistance. Two of their staff came around to inform us that if we had prepared a list, they could help to pick up the groceries and once done, you will be called to pay for your purchase. I don't know if anyone opted for that but I think most of us would prefer to pick up ourselves.

Inside the supermarket it was not as crowded as I had expected since I was early. From time to time there is an announcement to request customers to quickly make their purchase and to proceed to the payment counters.

I prepared a list as I always do, grouping items that are found at the same aisle to facilitate my movement. Instead of darting here and there to pick up stuff, I can do it in an efficient manner. I also avoided items that needed to be weighed in order to save time. 


Of course not all items were available but that's OK. At times like this, there is no need to be fussy.


This is my grocery haul. My usual brand of eggs were not available so I had to make do with a different one. 


There is minimal cooking today. I just needed to fry the last packet of French beans that my partner picked up the other day and to reheat rice and leftover oink oink that I cooked on day 10.


My girl refused to come downstairs and this is her ignoring me. Naughty girl.


But she eventually came downstairs and settled herself in the dining room.


As usual, she fell asleep. Cats sleep a lot!


Upon closer inspection, I accidentally bought one package of kitten food for her. Haiz... Never mind lah. I am sure she can eat though it's like feeding baby food to an adult.


Ahem!! This I regret because all that glaze is so very sweet. I already knew that but I still itchy mouth want to eat. By the way this happened a few days ago. No more!

18 comments:

  1. At our ntuc supermarket there is constant announcement to remind customters and shoppers to keep a safe distance when queueing up to make payment. Yes, you are right, cats sleep a lot, i want to be a cat next life. Lolx. Are the donuts from jco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, those are Jco donuts :)

      Delete
  2. Wah, you carry that whole lot back by walking. You sure is super strong woman PH! and your shopping basket must be very sturdy. The donuts is by delivery? Cats sleep 18 hours a day an online article says. Girl Girl sure got her own thinking, don't want to go downstairs when you call and only go downstairs when she wants to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the donuts via GrabFood. Yup, my girl has her own mind and is very naughty. LOL!

      Delete
  3. i haven't left my condo compound since March 17, so it's only through looking at posts like these that i know what's the real-life situation in the world outdoors! but i guess even after April 14, there'll still be some level of distancing maintained at the shops for a couple of extra weeks. p.s. your shopping list is filled with all-healthy ingredients - no cadbury, maggi or twisties! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are totally confined and I hope you are doing all right. I only leave home for grocery shopping which is very near my home. Oh dear. You have just reminded me to get some snacks on my next grocery run. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love your baby's tail - would love to pull it if ever I get the chance. LOL!!!

    I would ask the staff to get the things I need, so much more convenient. I get quite worried when they are so strict at the entrance and the cashiers' counters but inside it is a free-for-all, people too close for comfort.

    Here, I saw one supermarket, they fixed a sink and a tap at the entrance and everyone must wash his or her hands before entering. At least, anything people touch would be something that has been touched with clean hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pull her tail every now and then, gently of course LOL!

      Here they provide santizers at the entrance for us to clean our hands.

      Delete
  5. Thatvis why they called it, cat nap! Lol!

    I rarely buy donuts because of the sweet glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are now getting used to shopping in a new way. Yeah, it's very difficult to get the brands we're used to these days...and we have to make do with what's available. Red onions have been extremely difficult to find. I don't like those yellow and dark red (almost purplish) onions (the ones you got)..and this I won't compromise coz they don't taste nice. The red onions I want is light purple on the inside (I think they're from China, that's why). I'm down to my last red onion and if I can't find the ones I want, I won't be eating onions for a while. :'(

    Not a problem for cats to eat kitten food. I don't even think there's much of a difference, after all they cost the same. Cookie particularly wants a flavour that's meant for kittens, so I get it for him irrespective...haha! :D Cats do sleep a lot, they spend at least two-thirds of their lives asleep...how privileged they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find the type of onion you prefer because I can't imagine cooking without onions. I also dislike the dark red/purplish ones but lately (even before MCO) these are the only ones available. The yellow onions I only like them in salads.

      Guess you are right, my girl wallop the whole packet of the kitten food. Usually she takes her time, half in the morning and the other half for later. Wow, cats sleep more hours than they are awake >.<

      Delete
  7. I only like to hoard at AEON early in the morning when the crowd is less than 20 persons! I find the stock displayed are mostly unpopular or overpriced stuffs. I don't see that at Hero Market. That's my subjective opinion.

    I want to laugh at your 6 glazed donuts!! I have been eating Dunkin Donuts daily when I was a student because there was one outlet right below my college's building. I had never ordered glazed ones and am now very curious how sweet it tastes. It should go well with unsweetened coffee.

    We should sleep and nap many hours a day like your cat. We will have 9 lives later. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dunkin donuts but the are not on Grabfood or else sure I order. The glaze is very sweet, so unless if you have a sweet tooth, you might dislike it.

      Delete
  8. ur cat is so emo these days...mayb she get confined too long in the house...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has that sien look on her face LOL!

      Delete
  9. I'm craving for dessert so badly and I can help ypu to finish the whole box of donuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is nice to sit in front of the TV with a box of donuts!

      Delete