Tuesday 31 March 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #14 (Crazy Cake)


It is exactly two weeks today that the MCO was implemented. Tomorrow phase 2 of the MCO, the EMCO (Enhanced Movement Control Order) will take effect.


Today I happily continued with my gardening. I was pleasantly surprised that my hibiscus plant produced so many flowers for the first time. That must be the effect of the compost that I applied recently.


My cat was very kepoh and was seen inspecting the aloe vera that I transplanted yesterday.


Back inside the house, she wanted food. I already fed her this morning. But that's the way that it is with her. She knows where I store her food. She looks up at it and and she goes - MEEEE....YEEEOOOWWW...OOOOOWWW.... and some other sounds that I cannot spell. Which mommy can tahan when her kiddo wants to eat?



This is my fatty bom bom enjoying her food. I give her just a small scoop of dry food to munch and she is happy.



The naughty girl wants to go out. This is her signal. She waits at the door and looks up at the door knob. Since she is usually out in the day time, I let her be.



She is satisfied just chilling out outside....



.....playing with Mommy's slippers....



.... and taking a snooze. At least I know that she is not somewhere else or at the neighbor's.



Today I food prepped some pasta salad. Not for today because I ate leftovers for lunch.



I made extra dressing.



Two portions of pasta salad which can be stored in the fridge.



I keep the vegetable scraps to make compost. No waste.



Today I also baked a chocolate cake. Hah! I haven't baked since God knows when.



This is what they call a Crazy Cake or Depression Cake, baked with NO eggs, NO butter and NO milk. That sound depressing all right. I was curious. Nice ah like that ???



I have to honestly say that it lacks the richness and oomph of chocolate cakes baked with eggs and butter but it was surprisingly decent.



It was moist with tender crumbs and is good enough to satisfy a chocolate cake craving when you are short of eggs, butter and milk. Not bad at all.



My baby again. This was yesterday evening when I was trying to enjoy my dinner. She always trots over to inspect what is on the table.



And she makes a nuisance of herself, demanding to taste what I am having.



Look. She even lifts herself up on my lap. No, Girl. You cannot eat Mommy's food. Got cili padi.



Tonight's dinner. Overnight oats with granola and pecans. 


22 comments:

  1. I like all your food except those pedas pedas ones with chili padi. I spotted a cage. Eh, when did you go and buy yourself a cage? Have you ever put Girl Girl inside it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cage was purchased last year. Yes, I have put her in "jail" before but not anymore LOL!

      Delete
    2. just curious, why need to put her in previously? for her own safety so that she doesn't bite live wires when you are sleeping?

      Delete
    3. I was concerned that she would trash the whole house while I was asleep. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I just love your posts about Girl Girl. Do you want to let her wear a pretty collar with your hp number on it in case she spotted something that caught her attention and wander off your compound, out of your gates onto the roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't intend to put a collar on her. So far she does not wander very far and she always comes home.

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I must write this. I want to eat the chocolate cake so much as I am typing this.
    Looks so sedap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's an easy cake. Perhaps your spouse could bake it for you!

      Delete
  4. I love reading about the daily life of your ah girl and you use such lively and vivid words to describe it. I enjoy reading it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cakes with no eggs can also taste good. I am sure yours tastes as delicious! Slurps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that photo of Ah Girl eating...she looks like a well-rounded sausage! :D I think your fatty bom bom needs to go on a diet...wahahahaha! ;D Don't cave in to her cute antics (they're put on this planet to do just that) as it's detriment to their health if they're overweight. Their well-being is in our hands. Cookie also won't leave me alone when I'm eating. He would jump onto the table where I put his food and sniff around.
    P/S: Those metal plates your cat eats out of, I eat out of those...haha! ;D I think it's time she gets a proper food dish (like her water bowl) meant for cats, don't you? ;) Your cat doesn't wander off to the neighbour's house or the surroundings when she's out? Cookie used to go very far...all the way down to the end of the street when he was younger. These days he's usually as far as the neighbour's house (left or right) only and sometimes at our porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that she needs to go on a diet! I will limit her to two meals a day as that is adequate. I read that orange cats tend to become obese. That is scary!

      I am not certain how far she ventures out but most of the time I see that she likes to go next door. She always finds her way home and I am thankful for that. About her plate, I purposely bought those from Daiso for her. I think I will stick to the metal plate hee..hee...

      Delete
  7. Hi PH. Can you share how you create garden compost from food scrap? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Please check my next post :)

      Delete
  8. Earthquake!!! LOL!!! What compost do you use? I buy the one our parish priest makes, RM4 a kg. Expensive or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my own DIY compost. RM4 for 1kg is very reasonable.

      Delete
  9. Your cat looks well fed. She's so lucky to have you.
    Nice to see you're eating delicious & nutritious food.

    different opinion

    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/The-evidence-on-Covid-19-is-not-as-clear-as-we-think

    https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/29/watch-perspectives-on-the-pandemic/

    https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/28/10-more-experts-criticising-the-coronavirus-panic/

    https://www.globalresearch.ca/12-experts-questioning-coronavirus-panic/5707532?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is too well fed LOL! Thanks for the links :)

      Delete
  10. Your hibiscus plants are growing so well.

    Eggless, milkless and butterless chocolate cake. I made that last week. Blog on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you baked such a cake once before. Looking forwards to you post :)

      Delete