Monday 30 March 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #13 (Ginger Chicken)


Initially tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of the MCO but now we have to stay in for another 2 weeks until 14 April 2020.

My brother told me that he has a sinking feeling that the MCO might be further extended to 30 April 2020, God forbid... Well if Covid-19 cases continue to rise and if it necessary for us to continue to stay home in order to stay safe, so be it.


Today I cooked chicken with ginger and sesame oil, a dish that I have always loved. It used to appear regularly on my mum's menu, one of the few that made my father quip "your mummy has more than 100 cookbooks but we always eat the same old thing".


No, that is not kangkung belacan. That's Korean seasoned spinach - sigeumchi namul. I have always wanted to make this at home but could not find the right spinach.


But I found it during my Sunday grocery run.


What is that??? My gardening hall of shame. This pot of aloe vera has been languishing at a corner of my garden for donkey years.


Oh, today is litter box cleaning day, my least favorite job (along with the daily pee and poo treasure hunt).


Back to my pot. While removing the aloe vera plants, I noticed something. Snail!


But it was already dead. See, snail also die.


I removed the plants for replanting in another pot.


My girl hangs out with me when I am gardening.


Let's take a look at my mint. After applying compost to the mother plant, I see a lot of vigor.


The runners have grown roots and soon I can separate them from the mother plant and I shall have another pot of mint. Yay!


Found a critter among my pandan leaves.


This snail was promptly deported.

Now coming back to litter box. 


Testament that I now officially own a cat.


Girl! The things Mommy does for you.


I set up a "shield" using a disused rebounder for my girl's privacy and also to hide the litter box.


I use this brand of cat litter, courtesy of my brother.


He gave me 3 bags. There is a story behind this but I shall keep it for another day.


My girl took to her litter box as soon as I set it up for her. So far so good as this brand of litter contains the odor quite effectively, but of course it cannot mask the smell of solid waste entirely. I clear the litter box twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. 


Now, what else to cerita? If my brother is reading this, he will say, fess up Cher! Quick confess!


OK. I ordered this for lunch. I am tired of my own cooking and I was craving for burger. It did not help that yesterday my brother shared with me that he got a complimentary face mask and sanitizer with his myBurgerLab order.


Good eh? Seeing that face masks are hard to come by (still?) and we are required to wear them when grocery shopping.


I enjoyed my burger.


Nom..nom...nom...craving satisfied!


After that I felt like taking a snooze.


Like this.

26 comments:

  1. Your kitty is so cute and photogenic.

    Chicken with ginger and sesame oil is my favourite. Sometime I sub with pork. Good as well.

    Yup, supposed to be last day tomorrow. Oh well, just hope don't extebd till end of April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MCO might be extended. That's what many are speculating based on the rise of new cases. Sigh...

      Delete
  2. wah, I see your floor is sparkling shinny, no wonder girl girl likes to sleep on it. wah, u so rajin, clean the litter box twice a day. oh, now i want to order myburgerlab to get free mask and sanitizer. i wonder grabfood got myburgerlab or not and does it over my area. thanks for cerita about your litter box. You are a good mommy to girl girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it twice a day because the fresh poo and pee is not as smelly as overnight one. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I see you got a mat to catch those trailing litter from the box when she walks out from the box. you are a pro now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did not really help because she does not step on it all the time. Unless if the mat is big, then it would be effective.

      Delete
  4. Huh, your girl only eats half a packet of wet food in the morning and the other half later? That means she eats only one packet a day...then how come she looks so plump? :D My cat eats one packet in the morning and another packet in the evening...with some dry food and snacks in-between! :O You see what I mean when I say we have things in common...even our cats use the same litter brand! ;D Wah, your cat's 'toilet' is very grand and private. My cat's litter box is outside the house coz I don't like the smell or the litter splattered all over the house when he digs and digs to bury his 'output'. A mat like that is only useful if he decides to take that route when walking out of his litter box. I've seen my cat 'disembark' from his litter box in all directions..leaving litter all around the box! Hmmm, if your cat's litter box is inside the house, that means she has to wait for you to come home (on work days) before she can do her 'business'....wahahahaha! ;D
    P/S: I have the same sinking feeling as your brother. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that besides the wet food, she also eats dry food. I try to cut down on the amount of dry food that she snacks on. Yup, she is a fatty bom bom. Loves to eat and puts on weight easily just like her owner hah...hah... I did think of putting the litter box outside but I was worried other cats might kacau and use it >.< Besides what if she is inside and needs to "go". I bought that mat due to my inexperience and I realized that like your Cookie, she leaves the box in all directions leaving a trail of litter. I have to clean up daily haiz... I reckon when I am not at home, she probably does her business in the garden hee..hee...

      Delete
    2. Have you found any cat poop in your garden before? Just to share with you, cats don't poop in places in and around the house where they call home once they've been trained to use the litter box. She'll probably wait till you come home to go to her toilet coz once they're used to litter, they can't poop or pee elsewhere. Cats are known to withhold pee and poop (they're very good at that)...unless they have an upset stomach (diarrhea), then they can't control. Street cats (as I know) will not come into a compound (which is not their home) and do their business in your litter (which has another cat's scent). I don't know about other cats but mine will wait to be let out to poop and pee. Since your litter box is inside the house, perhaps you might want to consider those enclosed/covered types for less mess?

      Delete
    3. I found cat poop with the perpetrator in action a few days ago! It was a Siamese with beautiful blue eyes. I chased it away! I think I will keep her litter box inside for the time being. I also have squirrels visiting my garden and believe it of not, they eat the dry cat food! They might go into the litter box, I don't know.

      Hey thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with me!

      Delete
  5. If every food outlet starts giving free mask and sanitizer, their business will go up. Your cat is very photogenic and awww....I want to snooze like her too. Not surprise if MCO has to be extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very useful gift. Hope I can still get it in my next order.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you are such a hardworking blogger who record your MCO dairy since day3, kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very timely to give complimentary face mask and sanitizer with orders. Your mint plants look gorgeous, they are supposed to be good for curing cough, aren't they. Correct me if i am wrong, sesame chicken is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not too sure about cure for coughing but I know can use to make Mojito! LOL!

      Delete
  8. The korean spinach looks like kang king, do they taste like kang kong?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mint looks so beautiful but your aloe vera certainly is an utter disgrace. LOL!!! Your chicken looks great...and yes, for a while, I thought that was a great looking plate of kangkong belacan. Korean? No kim chi in that, I hope. Ooooo...the burger's a killer! I sure wouldn't mind having one right now. Sobssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! After transplanting I am sure they will be fine. There is no kimchi in that spinach side dish, thankfully :D

      Delete
  10. Nice aloe vera- can use to make drinks
    https://www.kuali.com/?s=aloe+vera&recipe-type=0&cuisine=0&course=0&difficulty_level=0

    Staying at home under house arrest is slowly making me insane...Luckily I have found some ideas to keep me occupied.

    Family activities
    https://thewoksoflife.com/family-activities-home/

    Easy exercise
    https://youtu.be/AE_FeKpc_lk

    easy tai chi
    https://youtu.be/ZxcNBejxlzs

    easy qigong
    https://youtu.be/Y88zYo0YlOo

    learn a new language online
    https://www.lifewire.com/the-7-best-free-language-learning-apps-1357060

    Origami
    http://www.origami-instructions.com/index.html

    Read an ebook
    https://www.epub.pub/

    https://openlibrary.org/

    Stay positive
    https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2020/03/corona-virus-what-you-see-is-what-you-get/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I am "geli" to eat my aloe vera. LOL!

      Delete
  11. u made me crave for Burgerlab now....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also getting fed up of my own cooking too... hahaha.. but no choice, I am still cooking, something simpler than the normal simple, eat bread, cook noodles... something that does not require a lot of washing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Tonight I had oats. Simple simple.

      Delete