Tuesday 12 November 2019

I Have A Thing For Burgers


The first burger I ever ate was a Big Mac at McDonald's@Section 14, Petaling Jaya. That was on the last day of my SPM exam. When was that, eh? My God, so long ago hah..hah... 1983! (I actually checked my SPM certificate to confirm the year).

The McDonald's treat was courtesy of my aunt, my mum's eldest sister. Up to today, I am ever grateful to her for all those treats that she gave us.

Well, that Big Mac was fantastic to me but I never got to eat  at McDonald's again (until I left home) because my parents  never took us to any of these fast food outlets (except one takeaway at KFC). So I was kind of "deprived" hah..hah...

Fast forward many years later, I used to indulge in KFC@Kajang during my years at UKM and when I started working, McDonald's was one of my favorite hangouts. It was like I was making up for all those lost years.

Then I discovered Carls' Junior and Burger King and as I grew older, no, my love for burgers did not change.


This Salted Egg Burger was consumed after a particularly exasperating incident on a weekend. Though I was not really in a mood for burger, it did pacify my mood.


And because I love burgers, I returned for the Double Cheese Burger.


But I only enjoyed the awesome sweet potato fries. I haven't been back to this place again.

And then there's MyBurgerLab. Thank God for Grabfood, now I can enjoy burgers without having to go to the restaurant.


This is how it comes (in a plastic bag), the burger and fries in a cardboard box. I don't care for soft drinks but this comes in a set.


This is the Beautiful Mess. It was messy all right, but I loved it. Very fresh and soft charcoal buns, juicy beef patty, yummy deep fried mushrooms, crispy cheese and runny egg.


The fries were still warm and crispy when delivered. 


Then I had The Bomb.


Very hot and spicy!


And finally, I just had to try this.


The Nasi Lemak Ayam Rendang. It did not arrive in pristine condition. The bottom of the bun was soaked in egg yolk and sauce.

It was so messy, I couldn't take a better photo. Besides, my cat was all excited, trying to get some from me. Nope! No sharing hah...hah...


But I tell ya, this one is good. So good. The rendang sauce was spot on and there were crunchy ikan bilis in there and some peanut sauce. The chicken burger was big and juicy and it was worth the price and the mess. I will order this one again.


Then I noticed this "nutrition facts" under the box. Why would anyone bother with nutrition facts for a burger? Mad or what?


Then I realized these guys have a lot of humor hah...hah....


Well, this is one of my weekend indulgence and thank you Lord that I can afford burgers. Amen.

20 comments:

  1. Burger overloaded here! Haha. Double cheese burger looked great. One thing about burgers, they could be messy to eat. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only that, you have to open your mouth very wide LOL!

      Delete
  2. That double cheese burger definitely huge! and I wonder if you can polish it off?
    I'm not a burger person because I don't like sloppy burger or any sauce in my burger (weird I know) which is a common form of most of the burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I polished it off, nothing left behind LOL!

      Delete
  3. ooo, i don't remember the mcd's in section 14, but i have fond memories of the mcd's in bukit bintang, cos my sister and i used to study for a few years in the schools nearby - i guess a lot of us who grew up in those early fast-food decades cherished our visits to mcd's and kfc :) burger deliveries make it so convenient now, but it is quite irritating that the burgers are sold only as sets instead of a la carte, and that the prices are marked up for delivery compared to the original in-store prices :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that! I once ordered from Salad Atelier and noted to my horror that I had to pay for extra dressing. For eat-in, you get two dressings :(

      Delete
  4. Gosh! I can't remember the last time I had one, so long already. Maybe I'll get down to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought burgers weren't quite your thing hee...hee...

      Delete
  5. I am not a burger person but i do like burger king's mushroom swiss burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed BK's burgers but haven't been there for quite some time.

      Delete
  6. I do like burgers and I used to make burgers for my kids long time ago. Now you are making me crave for burgers esp the nasi lemak burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... perhaps I ought to attempt a simple burger at home!

      Delete
  7. I don't have a thing for burgers! And that's because it usually comes with cheese (I think you have a higher tolerance for cheese than me). Of course I can ask for the cheese to be omitted but burger enthusiasts will tell you that it isn't the same without cheese! :O And those times when I do ask them to hold the cheese, they forget and foul up my order. >_< That's why you don't see burgers all that much on my blog (unless it's one of those 'no cheese' burgers or it was ordered by someone in my makan party).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only tolerate cheddar and mozzarella in burgers/sandwiches/pizza/baked pasta/baked rice. All the other stinky ones, I cannot tahan like parmesan (sometimes I can) or the worst - blue cheese >.< hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. I like it whenever you mention your cat because I could feel your love for her. I love to eat burgers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love her so much! hee..hee.. Glad to know you enjoy burgers too :)

      Delete
  9. The "Nutrition" Facts too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to eat Burgers that are very well made to perfection. My choice of the best burgers can be found at that KGB Burger at TTDI which is along the same row as OK Restaurant. Your brother bought CKT from OK Restaurant, so he can tapao KGB burgers which is like 15 shops away. The wait is always long but sedap.

    ReplyDelete