Monday 18 November 2019

Banana Oat Cookies (No Flour)


Do you think these are edible? I mean, are they nice to eat? I have seen recipes that use only three ingredients and others use more.

Just try lah, right? No harm trying. If they don't taste so good, there's always the compost bin (but pick out the chocolate chips first).

I have plenty of chocolate chips in my fridge and an almost full bag of rolled oats in the pantry. The first ingredient was stocked up due to my baking frenzy during the recent Chinese New Year. The second ingredient was me wanting to eat overnight oats at least once a day (obviously tak jadi).


So I bought some bananas to try out this recipe but I only needed one or two bananas. Since the bananas were on the smallish side, I used two. Just mash them up and then add about one cup of oats and a tablespoon of honey. Let sit for 10 minutes in order for the oats to soak up the moisture.

After that, add chocolate chips and mix. Then use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out the "dough", place onto a lined baking tray and bake at 160C for 25 minutes. Agak-agak, OK? You want the cookies to brown on the outside.


I will be honest with you, when these were baking, it did not smell pleasant. I don't know how to describe it. Once they were done, I took them out of the oven, let them cool a bit and placed them on a wire rack to cool further.


They tasted all right, not that bad. They are chewy of course, you can't expect these to be crispy. The combination of toasted oats, bananas and chocolate chips should be pleasant enough. Just don't expect them to taste like regular chocolate chip cookies.


They are quite nice warm but once cooled, errrr... not that great. But you might think differently. For the recipe, you can refer to here.


Would I bake these again? Honest answer - no. Did I finish all the cookies? There were 11 of them, 2 tasted after baking and the rest, I ate them. Simply because Strictly Come Dancing was on the telly and I had no other snacks to eat. Hah!

16 comments:

  1. Getting ready for Christmas...or Chinese New Year? Gosh!!! 25th December and 25th January, so close this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fast, right? It's scary! Time to clean the house. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I still have one hour before boarding the plane. So I can smell your cookies a bit.

    It actually looks delicious and my type! I don't like crispy cookies compared to these types that are irregular shaped with mixed ingredients! First time I hear bananas being used. I do know that some cookies from OZ and US are rich with preserved fruits. So yummy la... Maybe you can experiment again.

    Bai Bai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall stick to regular cookies. This type I cannot tahan. LOL!

      Delete
  3. At least you try. I dont know I dare to try and worry of the wastage. Haha. Still not good with my baking skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have still yet to try the chocolate cake that you baked for Jamie hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. Oh, I didn't know that Strictly Come Dancing is on the telly...when & what channel? I've never watched this but wouldn't mind watching. I'm a big fan of dance competitions especially Dancing with the Stars (downloaded, of course, since it's never on telly, maybe because of the skimpy costumes) but have stopped watching coz it's more difficult to download these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I love dance competitions too :) I used to enjoy So You Think You Can Dance and also Dancing with The Stars. It's awesome! Strictly Come Dancing is on UnifiTV channel 512 at 8:00 pm Sunday. It's on Saturday too but earlier I think. This week is Blackpool week :)

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I am not ready for CNY yet. Come to think of it, I am not even ready for Christmas! I think I am getting old. Sigh. The cookies look good but I will have to taste it to know. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Time seems to travel a lot faster these days hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. 11 cookies only so not that difficult to finish. They do look like regular cookies though. I am sure I could eat two pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite small, so not that filling. You might be able to eat more than 2.

      Delete
  7. Regardless, I'm simply drooling looking at those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the chocolate chips, right? Hershey's no less LOL!

      Delete
  8. i would never have a lot of chocolate chips in my fridge - cos i wouldn't have the discipline not to eat them all in one evening! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean, they are not meant to be eaten straight out of the packet. LOL!

      Delete