Friday 1 November 2019

Spade's Burger, Damansara Uptown


It was a Tuesday afternoon when I went out for dinner. These days I eat early. Except for Fridays or Saturdays.

Unfortunately, the place that I headed to was not open. I later learnt that Tuesdays is their day off. So I had to look for an alternative.


Ah! Spade's Burger. Just a few doors away. In fact I have been wanting to come here to try their pork burgers.


Besides pork, they also have chicken and beef burgers. You  have a choice of either ala carte or set which comes with a side and a refillable drink.


I did not want any fries and I don't take soft drinks, so an ala carte it was for me. I decided on the Baconizer

Here you order at the counter and collect your food when your order number is called.

Pick up and clean up.
You are also expected to clean up after your meal by stacking your serving basket at a designated spot.


I was asked if I preferred pork or beef for my Baconizer (RM18.55) and I chose pork. As I bit into the burger, I noted that the charcoal bun was not soft and fluffy.

The bun did not have the characteristics of a fresh bun (unlike the burgers I ordered from myBurgerLab via Grabfood which were awesome. That's another story for another day).


The pork patty was just ordinary and it is not something I would rave about. But I won't mind coming back just to try one more burger.


As fate would have it, I actually returned the next day for lunch. Why? Because although the other place that I wanted to go to was open, the operator was not at his station.

I was quite disappointed because opening time is 11:30 am and yet the guy was nowhere to be seen. And it was already quarter past 12:00 pm.


Oh well. So I went over to Spade's Burger again and this time I had the Chickanizer set (RM24.15) when I found out that they served chilled water.


It's the same as the Baconizer except that it's chicken instead of pork.


Like before, the bun was not fluffy.


The chicken though meaty was on the dry side.


Do you want to know where you can get really awesome chicken burgers for a fraction of the price? I will share that with you in another post. In fact that was the place I wanted to go to on both occasions when I ended up here at Spade's Burger.

And you know what? I spotted a young lady with a brown bag dining with her friends at the outside seating. As I suspected, she had gotten her chicken burger from that other place and sneaked it in. Smart girl. But don't get caught hee..hee...


On a positive note, the serving of fries was rather generous and I loved the dipping sauces. But I'm afraid the burgers just did not cut it for me. So that's it for me at Spade's Burger.


19 comments:

  1. I like pork burger but not many people selling it. Hmm. Bun was not soft?? I dont like tough buns. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, my buns must be soft and fluffy hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. I've seen Spade's Burger in quite a few locations. So, will they follow the footsteps of its predecessor here...T.art Pastry? Ah, the place for the awesome chicken burgers you're referring to...would that be The Burg-er place that's a little to the right (of your last photo...nearer Nuromen)?...wink..wink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have very keen eyesight, my dear! Yes, The Burg is the place I am referring too. Currently my favorite chicken burger place hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. there's a spade's burger in sri petaling, so i order occasionally too via delivery. it's a bit on the salty/rich side for me, so i always feel guilty after even just one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned it, I also found it on the salty side.

      Delete
  4. Oh? You were not impressed? But they do look so good, the pork one especially!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid not. But wait for my next post on my favorite chicken burger.

      Delete
  5. I like buger king's burgers as compared to mac, their buns are fresh, soft and flffy and their meats tender and juicy, i would say burger king is more premium no wonder they costs higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too prefer Burger King compared to McD. High 5!

      Delete
  6. These days I seldom eat burger. If I eat, I love those with fluffy buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh fluffy buns are important or it would spoil my experience.

      Delete
  7. Is their burger bread stale or just those thick solid bread? Can't wait to read about your favourite burger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I've just confessed to not eating too many burgers, that melted cheese does look enticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... you can have a grilled cheese sandwich instead.

      Delete
  9. I always prefer pork burger over chicken one, but too bad the "good burger" place u tried doesn't offer pork burger :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not find the pork burger all that special, unfortunately.

      Delete