Friday 17 November 2017

I Miss Yu


This is me eating again. Even an errand to the bank  can give rise to an excuse to drop by somewhere to stuff my face. Walking past Yu Noodle House, I decided to revisit

Sometimes even though I may not be quite impressed, I do give a restaurant a second try.


I'm watching my carb intake (yeah, right), so I decided to go for the ala carte (no noodles) and I was in the mood for some siew kaw (dumplings). Actually these are not low carb on account of the skin which is made from flour. See? What low carb?


I added some yau mak (lettuce) as that was the only vegetable available to add on.

The siew kaw, I have had better but it was still decent enough. The broth however, tasted way better compared to my earlier visit. Very robust in flavors and rich with the taste of wine. 

It was so good that I made another visit. This time for the bursting meatballs.


This time, I added some sliced oink oink belly.


Even though the broth was already so well infused with wine, I wanted more. So I added a spoonful but was a bit clumsy and I think much more went into the soup. Hic! Yes, I did feel light headed and tipsy a little later. Very potent stuff, this.


 There is a condiment that I look forwards to here.


The sambal! I think it is awesome.


On both occasions, I had the cold Chinese tea. Very refreshing indeed.


I have a feeling the sliced belly is marinated as it is tasty and not bland like the one at my usual haunt.

You know what, I may switch camps since I am really enjoying the broth over here, provided if they are consistently good. Yu Noodle House, I may have  a thing for you.

34 comments:

  1. Oh! The tea is what I'm drawn to for sure! LOVE tea!!! Thanks for visiting and commenting! I would love to keep in touch with your blog so I hope you don't mind if I link you!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer! I would be happy for you to link me. Will do likewise :)

      Delete
  2. The skin of dumplings is so much lesser and thinner than noodles so you did still ate less flour (carb). I will go try this since I like that we can add more wine to the broth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like this place. Yes, the free flow of wine is an attraction :)

      Delete
  3. I remembered you didn't like this place at first compared to Go Noodles but now may have a change of mind and prefer this one. I think it depends which soup base one likes better...the one in Go Noodles looks more "ching" and this one looks more cloudy and that's why it's probably more robust in flavour? I think the all-you-can-put wine is the no. 1 pull factor here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am liking this place better now Besides, they have siew kow and tom yam which Go Noodles does not. The free flow of wine is very attractive. At the other place, you have to buy a whole bottle.

      Delete
  4. wah teruja ni PH anak-anak kaknoor suka sangat yang macam ni hehee
    kaknoor agak kureng lah tapi kadangkala buat jugak yang anak2 suka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sedap makan sup panas2 macam ni, Kak Noor. Boleh buat slimming pun hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. hi, this looks yummy! I'll visit if I'm in KL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do visit! You won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  6. Next time if I am in KL, I will look out for this.. never been to Starling.. must go there too one day.. if I could bump into you! hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I catch you there, I will sure say hi and buy you lunch!

      Delete
  7. Oooooo...the sambal!!! Slurpsssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously PH, I don't enjoy my food if it is not spicy. Kalau boleh, semua I nak bubuh lada tau tak kiralah even if it'll make the food lain macam jadinya.

    Not badlah you, walau tak berapa impressed with the first visit, masih lagi give it another try. Kalau I lah, dah siap-siap ban dari list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MD, betul lah, spicy baru ada kick. Makan bertambah2 and sabo diet sendiri hah..hah...

      Delete
  9. I love sui kow. . Hahaha...next week will go startling mall ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good2. If I see you, I hello hello. LOL!

      Delete
  10. I usually not so crazy about this Chinese outlet. Haha. Unless people said the food is good then I will give it a try.

    Burstling meatballs. I do like that though. Good meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be not crazy about Chinese food but now I seem to appreciate it more. Must be my partner's influence hah..hah..

      Delete
  11. Last time I don't eat meatball, but nowadays I am okay with it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait... did you say "free flow of wine?" I'm in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I like it that they give it for free. I mean, how much wine can a customer pour into his/her soup? Not a lot.

      Delete
  13. The bowl of sui kow soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I kalau nak makan sup yg ada belly belly ni pergi Secret Recipe LL..... puaslah makan siap kuat lagi bau belly dia haha...

    Separuh org tak suka kan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah got self-service wine pouring, the other similar restaurant need to purchase ler :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly :) So if want foc wine, go there.

      Delete