Friday 1 July 2022

A Steak Salad (Thai Inspired)

I love Thai style salads. The salad dressing is easy to put together - lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. 

In my case, instead of sugar, I prefer to use plum sauce (which is sour and also sweet) because I like the flavor. And then there are the aromatic herbs like coriander (cilantro), mint and Thai basil. 


Since I also enjoy me a good piece of steak, combining steak and salad is perfect. 


This is my ribeye steak, cooked using a cast iron pan. Just 2.5 minutes per side.

Then I just sliced the meat and threw them into a bowl of aromatic herbs, slivers of cucumbers and cherry tomatoes and  tossed everything in lime juice dressing.


So there you have it, my low carb lunch. It was refreshing and filling. I love my (meaty or shall I say beefy) salads!

12 comments:

  1. i would like a beefy salad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!!! I've been advised to stay off red meats, fat meats, processed meats - no more sausages, bacon, ham... My life is going to be so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your doctor is obviously very outdated in medical and nutritional information as far as red meat and fatty meats (and bacon) are concerned. A post on that coming up soon! LOL!

      Delete
  3. You definitely would enjoy Thai Salads! Those coming from Kelantan and Terengganu are even more innovative than the Southern Thais in cooking. I have seen and enjoyed both sides to make this statement. I swear that I just told my wife I will make Thai Salads for her to eat!!! Sssshh! She didn't know I saw this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! I LOVE Thai salads. They are so so good!

      Delete
  4. It is like eating a ribeye steak with a side of salad. So tasty! Did you buy a packet of prewashed mix herbs for this salad? What brand of plum sauce do you use? My mother in law loves the taste of plum sauce so would be nice to know which brand you would recommend. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I bought the prewashed salad leaves. So convenient. I use Lee Kum Kee plum sauce.

      Delete
  5. I have some leftover limes which I bought for making cocktails earlier. I also have half bottle of plum sauce which I bought for making Yee Sang dressing, seem like this Thai salad dressing is perfect to use up both of these ingredients. d(-_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! I hope you like the taste hee..hee...

      Delete
  6. I'm for steak salad anytime....but not Thai-inspired with mint, basil or bunga kantan...lol! >.< Those herbs have too strong a smell and taste for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you mentioned before that you dislike the taste of Thai basil hee..hee... Perhaps a western inspired salad would be more to you liking.

      Delete