Thursday 7 July 2022

New Restaurants at The Starling for Vegans and Vegetarians


Today I went for another walkabout in Damansara Uptown. Must go out and jalan-jalan lah, to keep my leg muscles strong. Betul tak?

These days the weather is terribly hot. So hot you feel like you can melt!

I passed by this pet grooming shop and saw this sleepy cutie pie.


Eeeee...so cute! 


I also passed by these two food trucks (outside RHB Bank). Brader John Burger only operates in the evenings.


Rojak & Cendol Mamak Original is still there but I did not like what I had back in 2021. 


Up at The Starling food court, I noted that the stall next to Pho Real has been occupied. It was vacant for the longest time.


It's called Simple Life.


They sell vegetarian food. So Damansara Uptown vegetarians, rejoice!


Then there is a new upcoming stall.


Restoran Wai Kei. Anyone familiar?


Then on my way down, I passed by this beauty outlet.


For that kind of money, I prefer to spend on steak heh...heh...


Tang Room is still going strong, in spite of the steep prices.


I just wait for people to invite me lah, eh? hee..hee..hee...


I haven't been to Salad Atelier for a very long time. 


I boycott them actually. No need to cerita lah.


Then I saw this kiosk. GSC is selling Minions merchandise. I am a fan of Minions. They are so cute and funny.


At the basement I saw this. Sala is coming soon. Opening in time for my birthday heh..heh..heh...


Damansara Uptown vegans, rejoice! This is a diet I am not in favor of but I respect other people's choice of diet. Even the carnivores, I mean if the diet works for them, it works for them and who am I to question, right? Carnivore sounds scary because that word makes me imagine the harimau and lion eating their prey, all bloody like in National Geographic documentaries hah...hah... But I still respect lah. No judgement.


Then I stepped into Jaya Grocer. Aiks! The cafe is gone.


And so is the bakery section. I wonder if they are permanently closed or just doing improvements.


Then I went to look for eggs.


I am often amused when I see reduced cholesterol eggs. It's ridiculous. I want eggs that have full cholesterol content as nature intended it to be.

Anyways, I love eggs and no one should be afraid of eggs (egg yolks especially, eat it!), unless of course if you have some form of allergy towards eggs.

20 comments:

  1. Gotta go and try the vegan places here. Now that I'm off red meats, I guess I shall have to look for alternatives and where else, if not at those vegetarian places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those vegetarian foods are rather delicious.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the walk around review of new shops and who has gone. Yesterday I just ordered salad Atelier. Please cerita la, what happened that caused you to ban them? Good that you are walking around, please walk more for your muscle mass. πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ There is a Wai Kei eatery in old Klang road which has a branch in Damansara utama. I wonder is the stall from this wai Kei eatery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they shortchanged me on ingredients, First time, they missed out the avocado (I didn't realize until I was halfway through my meal, so can't proof) and next visit, they missed out the egg (which I audited the meal before eating LOL!). Next visit, the wrap was poorly prepared and it was all mushy and messy. So I refused to go there again.

      Delete
  3. 1) For (obvious) reasons, eateries selling vegan & vegetarian food tend to close shop fast...sorry to say.
    2) That cutie pie in the window - no buyer? Must be expensive pedigree cat...post-pandemic times, it's hard.
    3) Have not eaten Salad Atelier in a while too...the salads from the outlet near me didn't excite me.
    4) Love the Minions...my favourite is the ever-so-cute Bob! ;)
    5) Don't know whether these low cholesterol eggs really work or not. Eat in moderation...and you can enjoy the yolks lah. If I had to discard the yolks, I might as well not eat eggs at all....that's my motto. My neighbour swears by her two eggs every morning...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Oh dear, ya lah, Not many people go for it as the food can be pricey (better to eat meat LOL!) 2) the cutie pie is not for sale. The shop does grooming and boarding 3) Not excited too and got shortchanged on ingredients 4) My favorite is Kevin hah...hah.. 5) I don't bother about cholesterol, I wallop the yolks. Egg white is very low in protein content. The yolks are where the nutrients are!

      Delete
  4. i m curious on what's wrong with salad Atelier....please share your story yea? That lei cha looks good (in picture) in the Simple Life stall.....i would try it if i m around that area...LOL! I also jalan jalan lepak lepak alot these days...just to check out the shops/F&Bs around after MCO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see my reply to Mun. I boycott kaw kaw. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Jalan jalan good for body and eyes. Haha.

    Weather so damn hot. I also fall sick because of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. LOL! Now apparently can get flu + covid. So scared!

      Delete
  6. I look forward to eat at Simple Life. Their food is better than BMS anytime. When I ate hospital food, I often compared with BMS. The best vegan food is still Yishenshu at 1U.
    I used to buy many croissants from Jaya Grocer 's bakery as they were cheap and good enough. Their cafe ambience was not welcoming enough and the pricing factor failed to attract me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try the food one day since you say it is good. I bought roast chicken from Jaya Grocer's cafe once and I did not like it.

      Delete
  7. Wah, I haven't been to Starling Mall for a very long time, after 1st MCO, maybe.... I think there's no special eateries/shops that attract me to make a trip there. >_<
    I definitely like eggs, and will never discard any egg yolk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, the restaurants there are nothing exciting. Now there are even less. Me too will always wallop egg yolks!

      Delete
  8. At times I purposely go for vegan food... I like the vege hot stone in Mama Kim, no meat just vegan...
    I love eggs too, when there is nothing to eat at home, I will just boil two eggs and eat... yes, I never thought of cholesterol when it comes to eggs... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Cholesterol is not that scary if you learn about it.

      Delete
  9. Hi Phong Hong, how are you? Still very active in your blog since day 1? hihihihi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia! Yes, my engine still jalan. LOL!

      Delete
  10. The only times we go for vegetarian is when my sil is back in Ipoh. The best part of the eggs is the yolk especially the salted egg yolk. Yums. Normal eggs is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the yolks are the best part!

      Delete