Tuesday 20 August 2019

Korean Spicy Stir Fried Oink! Oink!


I am back! But still, apologies that I have been so boring lately. No baking. No cooking. No nothing except for those eating out and ding dong bell posts.

Not that I have not been cooking, but I have been cooking those same old things that have been published before or those dishes that are too simple to be considered the subject of a post.

And then there are those dishes that I cooked, but have no time to post or am not inspired to write about. To the non-bloggers, do you know that it is not that easy to write a post? All those stories that come with the recipes take time and inspiration to write. 


I have been quite busy/stressed at work (hence the recent break) and with work issues in my head, it's not easy to be inspired. But I am back, feeling much rested mentally, and hence this post on something that has been sitting in my folder for many many weeks.

When I watched Maangchi's video for this Spicy Stir Fried Pork, I was quite convinced to try it because everything is basically dumped into the frying pan - pork, marinade and all and then stir fried - just like that, done in 15 minutes or so.


But instead of doing that, I chose to do things the conventional way which is to marinate the meat first. I find that it's easier for me to prep overnight and then stir fry the marinated meat the next day.


As expected, the result did not disappoint and it was a swift and easy dish to prepare. The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your own taste by adding more or less hot pepper flakes which can pack quite a punch. I think this recipe would also be great with chicken.


Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Pork
Recipe source : Maangchi

Ingredients :
- 500g pork collar, cut into cubes

Marinade (mix together) :
- 2 tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hot pepper flakes (gochugaru), or to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced (I used garlic press)
- 1 tsp minced ginger

- 1 medium sized yellow onion, sliced
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds

Method :
1. Marinate the pork with the marinade overnight in the fridge.
2. Bring out to room temperature 30-45 minutes before cooking.
3. Heat pan and add a tablespoon of oil.
4. Add marinated pork and stir fry for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
5. Add sliced onion and stir fry briefly.
6. Dish out and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.

21 comments:

  1. wah you are a pro k cuisine cook now. Gochujang and gochugaru just roll off your tongue easily. A little spicy and this dish would be fine for me but very very spicy for STP and his missus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I still have leftovers of these 2 ingredients, might as well use them up. I am loving k-food hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. I think it tasted good with chicken. You are so creatie in trying new flavour and re-creating recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying out and happy that it turned out delicious.

      Delete
  3. Eekkkkkk!!! Korean again! Hmmmm!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good you know, until tambah nasi LOL!

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate to what you're feeling in paragraphs 1 - 3. I agree, it's not easy (and quite time consuming) to write a post (especially one that's as lengthy as the ones I put out. I like to be thorough and detailed..hehe, some might call it long-winded and boring but I don't really care. I believe in putting my best effort/work into a post and not just posting for the sake of numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I with you on that! I am like that too, prefer to write a post wholeheartedly. But sometimes I just stare at the screen and nothing comes into my head LOL!

      Delete
  5. Looks great these stir fried oink oink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are back! So fast one week has passed ya? Time really flies. Same as mun, less spicy and this dish would be good for me, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. feeling happy for you that the work stresses have wrapped up ... and happy for us readers that we get to resume our regular glimpse into your food escapades! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I got my mojo back full throttle!

      Delete
  8. Hi Phong Hong, this Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Pork of yours looks yummy. I will try the chicken version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Long time no see! Chicken would be suitable for this recipe and just as delicious.

      Delete
  9. Haseyo! Hoseyo! You are now a great K-Pop Ajunma who could easily cook Korean dishes like this Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Pork. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I am living up to my Korean face. LOL!

      Delete
  10. That looks like it has quite a bit of a kick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like my onion soft so normally I'll saute the onion 1st before adding the meat.

    ReplyDelete