Wednesday 21 August 2019

Yung Kee Beef Noodles, Damansara Perdana


One Friday, I had brunch with my brother. My brother knows that I love beef noodles and he suggested that we go to Yung Kee Beef Noodles@Damansara Perdana which is not far from my office. 

When we got to Damansara Perdana, we had a tough time getting a place to park. Since it was a working day, all the parking lots appear to be taken up with some cars even double parking.

We went a few rounds and noted that there is no other alternative (unlike Damansara Utama where you can park at The Starling) other than getting really lucky. We did find a spot eventually which was a short distance away from the restaurant.


Since we were early, we practically had the whole place to ourselves. Service was fast and swift as it was quite easy to order seeing that the menu was quite compact. 

I had koay teow with Australian beef parts (brisket, tendon and tripe) while my brother chose lai fun konlo style with local beef (brisket, tendon, tripe and beef balls). He also added an order of tendon for us to share.


For drinks, the two coffee addicts had, well, coffee.


So there you have it. The portions were very generous.


My brother's dry style noodles was drenched in a brown thick sauce. I did not expect it to look like that. I tried a little bit and found the sauce not to my liking.


The broth was subtle in flavor with hints of spices. We agreed that our auntie's beef soup and the one we had in Terengganu were more to our taste where the spices were more pronounced.


I was very happy with my order as I got big pieces of brisket, tripe and tendon. The chili sauce provided at every table was not to our liking. It was just hot and one dimensional.


The side order of tendon was more than enough to share between the two of us. We were stuffed at the end of this meal. In terms of quality and quantity of meat and beef parts, we give Yung Kee a big thumbs up. But in terms of broth, we think it is average. Prices? My brother paid for our meal and I could only remember that my order was RM26.00.


We won't rule out another visit but parking is something to consider. Maybe weekends would be better.


On our way back to the car, we were (or rather I was distracted) by this cat. It looked mean and dirty but I thought it was cute. 


But somehow, it didn't look cute in these photos. Perhaps it is not photogenic hah...hah...

We were so distracted that we walked past my brother's car and we thought we were lost wahahaha!! But we managed to locate the car and we headed back to office again. Bah!

14 comments:

  1. Ah, so you prefer stronger tasting broth. I will definitely like the soupy beef noodle at this place but Damansara Perdana is not somewhere that I would go though it is not far from the Curve due to me preferring shopping malls where cars are in sheltered car parks than open parking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking will turn anybody off, unless go on weekends early.

      Delete
    2. oh, after reading ewew comment below, I check and found out that I have been to the Pudu branch and I do like it.

      Delete
  2. This is supposedly one of the best beef noodles around though I've not tried even when there's one near me in Pudu...1) I love pork spare parts but I don't feel the same love for beef spare parts and 2) RM26 for just one bowl is the other reason...the prices! O_o This is premium beef...yeah, the portions better be generous! Now that you say the broth is subtle in flavour, perhaps I should try. I'd prefer this to the stronger and more herbal flavour of the usual ones I've had. Ah, I've found something you like that I don't...tripe & tendon! ;) P/S: Poor kitty, he/she's at the sidewalk minding his/her own business and have to look photogenic for you also...haiz! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read mixed reviews of this place but I think it is alright to fulfill my beef noodle cravings. That poor kitty, I think he was unwell. Looks so dirty and skinny but these days I have a soft spot for kitties!

      Delete
  3. I prefer yellow noodles to kway teow in beef soup...or the soup plus kampua kosong, dry. No really good one here now - hopefully I will manage to find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to thinks of it, yes, yellow noodles are quite good with beef noodles. Next time I'll have that.

      Delete
  4. I dislike the thick sauce just by looking at it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always avoid that area unless I have to go to LHDN. The whole area was badly planned by the developer.
    Now looking at the gem food you just ate, I might cycle there instead. I used to eat beef noodles in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, even at LHDN, not easy to park! The beef noodles in Thailand must be very delicious!

      Delete
  6. Wow. That coffee looks so intense. My heart is racing just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... fortunately it was as good as it looked.

      Delete
  7. I had similar dry beef noodles with such thick brown sauce (with peanuts also) in Seremban and I don;t like it.

    ReplyDelete