Happy New Year everyone! It's great to be back! In 2016, I started the new year with an unappetizing looking chicken and I hope the chicken this year is much better looking.
Well, I finally roasted a chicken that I thought was decent to be served at last year's Christmas eve do. But this wasn't exactly the one I roasted for the party but rather, one that I roasted two days after.
I simply had to do it again because I could not taste/enjoy the one I roasted for the dinner.
You know how it is, the person who does the cooking usually loses their appetite due to fatigue and/or anxiety. I roasted 2 chickens, 6 chicken legs and almost a kilo of potatoes (with tons of washing up). No wonder I wasn't hungry.
After the two trial runs here and here, I had to find something to jazz up the chicken because it was just meh to me. So I used this.
As you can see, the bottle is empty. I used all of it for 3 whole chickens (2 for the party and 1 for me). This seasoning is pretty good and has all those things that can make your chicken tasty.
I rubbed the chicken with 2 tablespoons of this seasoning and left it in the fridge to marinate overnight. Again, I left the chicken uncovered so that the skin could dry out.
Just before roasting, I made a mixture of butter, a tablespoon of seasoning, pepper and crushed garlic.
Then I rubbed the chicken all over with the seasoned butter.
The result? Crispy skinned and moist chicken.
Since I was at home and all relaxed and hungry, I got to taste and enjoy the roasted chicken to my heart's content.
That's my lunch up there. I took the lemon that was stuffed into the chicken and squeezed the juice all over the legs. Yummeh!
I also enjoyed the garlic which was roasted together with the chicken. Never pass up the opportunity to eat roasted garlic because it is sweet and creamy. Love it!
I had to make some roasted potatoes or else this roasted chicken meal would be incomplete. And a salad too.
So here is the recipe just in case I need to pull the same stunt again hee...hee...hee...
Crispy and Spicy Roasted Chicken
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 1 whole chicken, washed and pat dry with kitchen towels
- 2 tbsp Masterfoods Roast Chicken seasoning
- 130g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp Masterfoods Roast Chicken seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (I used a garlic press)
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 whole bulbs garlic
1. Rub chicken all over with the seasoning and leave uncovered in the fridge to marinate overnight.
2. Before roasting, bring out to room temperature.
3. Mix butter, seasoning, garlic and pepper.
4. Rub chicken all over with the seasoned butter.
5. Insert lemon and rosemary into the cavity and truss the chicken.
6. Place a wire rack over a tray and put the chicken on the rack. The garlic can be placed under the rack or on the rack with the chicken and roast at 180C for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.