After making Tasty Tuna Cakes, I made them few more times because they taste so good.
I bring two with me to work to help stave off hunger pangs. They make very handy portable snacks and prevent me from running off to the shops to eat something when I am feeling peckish hee..hee... This year, I am trying not to eat out too often.
I bought two cans of tuna (packed in water) just to make these tuna cakes. This time, I lined the muffin tray with cupcake liners because I got fed up with the tuna cakes getting stuck to the pan (in spite of oiling the muffin holes). That made it lots easier to remove the tuna cakes as it was just a matter of peeling off the liners.
The ingredients are pretty much the same as before except that I decided to add some curry powder to the mix.
Somehow the smell reminded me of otak-otak and I wonder if we can make otak-otak in a muffin pan. Hmm...perhaps I should experiment.
Curry Tuna Cakes
Recipe source : Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo
- 2 cans tuna packed in water (two 130g cans)
- 1 cup mashed steamed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onions
- 1/4 cup minced coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 2 eggs
1. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Drain the tuna and flake it using you hand or a fork.
3. Add mashed sweet potatoes, spring onions, coriander, salt, pepper, meat curry powder and eggs.
4. Fill up the muffin pan with the tuna mixture.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes or until the mixture is set and slightly browned around the edges.