OK. No more vegetable fritters but a less oily way to utilize leftover vegetables. I could have cooked a stir fry but that is such a hassle.
The easiesr way? Just dump them all in a tray and bake!
It's a convenient way to make use of odd and ends. I mean, I had three small potatoes, one cup and a bit of corn, one small sweet potato and 3/4 each of a red, green and yellow pepper.
I just sliced the peppers thinly and cut the potatoes into cubes. Then each category of vegetable was tossed with olive oil and placed on a lined baking tray to cook together in the oven.
This makes a very nice side dish to accompany roasted meats or you can even toss the whole lot with a dressing to make roasted vegetable salad. Oh yes, this is a lot easier than frying fritters.
One Tray Vegetable Bake
Recipe source : Phong Hong
Note : The amount of ingredients is based on what I had on that day.
- 3/4 of a red, green and yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- corn kernels from one ear of corn
- 3 chat potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, toss each category of vegetable with one tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Place the vegetables on the lined tray
4. Roast in the oven at 180C for 45 minutes or until the peppers are wilted and charred and the other vegetables are browned around the edges.
5. Season with salt and pepper.