Tuesday 31 May 2022

NY Burger Co.

It is time that I moved beyond myBurgerLab in search of more affordable burgers that taste good.

So I scrolled my GrabFood app and found NY Burger Co. @ The Curve. Try lah, since they have 50% promo. But alas I had already exhausted my 50% quota, so I had to settle for 38%.

I selected the Empire Burger (RM27.55) which consists of 2 beef patties, 3 slices of cheese, double (beef) bacon, crack sauce, lettuce, onions, pickles and tomatoes.

What I liked is that I can just buy the burger and no extras are forced on me.

My order arrived unceremoniously in an ordinary plastic bag with the burger wrapped in aluminum foil like so.


Inside, the Empire Burger.


First thing I noticed is how ordinary it looked, pretty much like a McDonald's burger. Then I noted that the buns were in good condition, not soaked until soggy, one of my pet peeves with burger delivery.


Nyum! The taste was anything but ordinary. Pretty good because the burger patties were tasty and so were the beef bacon. I don't know what crack sauce is but it was good, something like Thousand Island dressing but not quite. 

Another day, I got the Grilled Chicken Bacon Cheeseburger (RM18.01) which consists of grilled chicken, beef bacon, American cheese, crack sauce, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes.


Again, the burger did not look like much.


But I was pleasantly surprised that the grilled chicken was thick, well marinated and tender. Yes, I enjoyed this chicken burger just as much.

I'm happy with both orders and though they may not be fancy specialty burgers, tastewise they were more than ordinary (in other words better than McD hah..hah...). I got RM9.50 off for the beef burger and for the chicken burger I did not qualify as the order was below RM20.00.

16 comments:

  1. The burger looked ordinary to you but I would try it when I next visit that area. It's because of the crack sauce that lures me. The word crack was widely used in US for funny narcotic reasons amongst friends. I also heard of crack sauce but thought it was a joke. They actually sell them in bottles too and it's addictive probably popular on the East Coast US. No wonder they stuck NY sticker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yup crack cocaine hah..hah... I must google what the sauce is made of.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. Would be very worth it if use the 50% grabfood promo. Yum yummy! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to buy again with this month's promo.

      Delete
  3. The bun looks pathetically wrinkled! Haven't had a burger for such a long time - thought of going for a pork one that night but went for a pizza instead. Blogpost on that coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the wrinkle was due to wrapping in foil. Those wrapped in paper are smooth.

      Delete
  4. Tall like the Empire!! Lol!

    Rarely take beef burger, but I do enjoy it. Pork burger is more preferred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I like tall burgers which have more filling :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, I see you must love burgers and are very willing to pay for a good burger if you consider close to RM30 for one as an affordable burger...lol! That's the thing, anything we love to eat will always be deemed affordable to us...hah..hah...no matter the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affordable only when I can get the 50% promo LOL!

      Delete
  6. Seldom get the chance to have burger. May look ordinary but most important the taste is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the taste and will take advantage of this month's promo.

      Delete
  7. If without the discount, these burgers are not cheap also. :P Btq, are you a fan of Ramly burger? I don't remember you blogged it before, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I only buy when there is a discount. I don't think I have tried Ramly burger.

      Delete
  8. I don't eat a lot of burgers but I do like to try all the different veggie patties out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more choices for vegetarians these days.

      Delete