Sunday 16 May 2021

A Threesome at Mr Wu's

This dinner happened on the Saturday that my brother and I visited Serai. I wanted my brother and my partner to try the food at Mr Wu Taiwan Restaurant.


It was not crowded as only a few tables were occupied by families enjoying their dinner.


We ordered our respective sets with two side dishes to share. 


My partner and my brother opted for the same thing, pork chop I think.


My brother did not want a drink and instead ordered the lemon jelly dessert. 


I also decided to get one to share with my partner. Unfortunately, this dessert was a major fail. It was bland and so sour. Nothing like the beautiful Aiyu Jelly from the other Taiwanese restaurant a few doors away.


So I took these two packets of sugar from my handbag (saved from my brother's latte at Serai) to sweeten things up.


Everyone enjoyed the crispy chicken, so thumbs up all round.


But the braised intestines was very funky. It had a very strong smell and we reckon the innards were inadequately cleaned. 


My teriyaki pork chop was not bad at all.


We were all so stuffed after the meal.


An update on Girl and Belle Belle. They love to hangout upstairs. So it appears that I have to bodyguards outside my room.


But both are always sleeping on the job. 

12 comments:

  1. The innards were inadequately cleaned??? Eyewwwww!!! We have a franchise here serving Taiwanese, Rice King. I wanted to go twice but in the end, we did not manage...and luckily too as of late, I've seen videos and photos of the food, so unimpressive...and expensive too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it is not worth visiting then.

      Delete
  2. I miss the Taiwanese food I had with my Buddy Jose at JB, so miss travelling and going to JB for makan makan and shopping shopping, sobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..what to do. We have to tahan and stay safe for now.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Looks like that day is a foodful day for you, Serai and Mr. Wu. I think they forgot to pour syrup on the aiyu jelly ice for both of you. That's why only taste sour and not sweet. Ah,so you like the teriyaki pork chop. I wonder which pork chop did your brother and partner get. Did their pork chop has 5 spice taste? Love that Girl and Belle Belle can share the same space now. Thank you Girl for sharing. Hahaha, look at Belle, sleeping so relax with belly up. Both of them are waiting for their beloved mama to come out of her bedroom but mama is already outside taking photos of them. Lolx! 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they got the usual pork chop. I don't remember 5 spice taste when I ate the pork chop previously. The two of them have a love hate relationship.

      Delete
  4. Weird tasting innards? I myself don't dare to eat big intestines of pork at any place because Everytime I taste them, it was like eating poo cos I can taste the poo taste. Maybe I just imagined the poo taste. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haiks. I still have not visited this Mr Wu's outlet at Uptown. They have so much delicious food there. Your lemon jelly dessert really caught my eye. I love the refreshing taste.

    All cats love to wait at the bedroom door like loyal guards. My sister would let them inside at night and the 2 cats sleep and curl under her blankets cos the air cond is cold like Winter in Sweden. Her hubby is a Viking anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order via Grabfood but won't be as nice as dining in. But you have to wait for a while since MCO might go on for a while with cases not reducing. Haiz...

      I have let Girl inside before but she dislikes the cold because I like my air cond on full blast. LOL!

      Delete
  6. I think it was aiyu jelly I once had in a drink and I liked it. All the pork chop rice sets come in huge portions...don't think will have any space for side dishes. Braised intestines that have a funky smell is gross (just thinking about it!). P/S: Both your bodyguards need to be fired for sleeping on the job! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice sets are value for money and I guess you would have to share. My two bodyguards are too cute to be reprimanded or fired. LOL!

      Delete