This is the Spicy Chicken that I saw on Paul Hollywood's Bread. It was actually Spicy Shredded Chicken because it was shredded and eaten with tortilla. But after I took the chicken out of the oven, it seemed such a shame to shred them.
Again, the smoked paprika I had in the fridge came in very handy together with the chili flakes which I stocked up after becoming enamored with them when I had spaghetti aglio olio.
As I was putting the spice mix together, I was reminded of the Peruvian Roast Chicken that I made quite some time ago. Yes, that roast chicken was fab and this one should be too.
I used only 3 chicken thighs and I let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Before roasting, they were taken out to stand to room temperature.
It took only 35 minutes for the chicken thighs to cook. As expected, this spice mix yielded very tasty chicken thighs. I love the smoky aroma imparted by the smoked paprika.
Best of all, they tasted so good with the Roasted Tomato Salsa.
Spicy Roasted Chicken
Recipe source : Adapted from Paul Hollywood's Bread
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime
1. To make the marinade, mix cumin, smoked paprika, chili flakes, dried oregano, salt, garlic powder, olive oil, lime zest and lime juice.
2. Put chicken thighs into a plastic bag and pour marinade over the thighs.
3. Squish the bag to spread and coat the marinade all over the chicken thighs.
4. Place in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
5. Before roasting, take the chicken thighs out to stand to room temperature.
6. Roast at 200C for 35 minutes or until cooked through.