Wednesday 10 May 2017

Cream Cheese Brownies


I baked these Cream Cheese Brownies quite a while back and somehow I could not write the post. My mind was like, blank. Kosong. I had nothing to say. I was so uninspired.


Which did not mean that these Cream Cheese Brownies were not good. Of course they were wonderful. You get to eat fudgy brownies and cheesecake at the same time.


Well, it looks like I still have nothing much to say  and I shall now share the recipe with you. So please excuse me for being brain dead hah..hah...

Cream Cheese Brownies
Recipe source : Adapted from Joy of Baking

Brownie Layer :
- 113g butter, cut into ssmaller pieces
- 115g semi sweet chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 60g flour,sifted

Cream Cheese Layer
- 250g cream cheese at room temperature
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg

Method :
1. Place butter and chocolates into a stainless steel bow.
2. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to melt the butter and chocolate.
3. Once melted, take off heat and add sugar and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
4. Add eggs one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
5. Stir in the sifted flour a bit at a time. Reserve about 4 tbsp of the batter and set aside.
6. Pour batter into a lined 8 inch pan and set aside
7. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
8. Add sugar, vanilla and egg beat until combined.
9. Spread the cream cheese over the brownie layer.
10. Then spoon dollops of the reserved batter onto the cream cheese layer and use a butter knife to swirl and make pattern.
10. Bake in preheated at 160C for about 25-30 minutes until the cream cheese layer is set.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely before chilling in the fridge.

34 comments:

  1. the pictures do speak for themselves ... i like how moist the brownies look :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures look quite blah to me hah..hah..but yes, the brownie layer was fudgy and moist!

      Delete
  2. If only I can reach out and grab a piece of your cheese brownies through my computer screen. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that too when I visit your blog hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. Next time send to me. I will eat and blog about it. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i second STP! no need for you to say anything. just let me know that there are some for me and i will buy them from you. COD at the starling mall ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I will not sell to you. I will gift it to you if I feel that the bakes are worthy enough :)

      Delete
  5. If i were to bake it, it will finish in no time, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very nice to eat until cannot stop :)

      Delete
  6. Ooooo. I love this!! So sinful but satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sinful, not good for the waistline hah..hah..

      Delete
  7. Seeing these yummy brownies. .. somemore with cream cheese, making my hands itchy wanna bake some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bake lah! Your kids will finish them up in no time :)

      Delete
  8. No need to say anything, just sharing the photos are enough to show that they taste heavenly and of course it would be good if you could ship some to me, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures speak a thousand words ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm inspired to eat cheesecake and brownies after this post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I know of that brain-dead feeling too sometimes when it comes to a cooking post of mine. I have to think long and hard before I come up with something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terrible isn't it? When there is no inspiration, I sit there staring at the screen and nothing comes into my head :(

      Delete
  12. Combining two of my favourite things - cheese and chocolate - can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I face writer's block endless times.. Sometimes I don't even know what I am writing cos I never read and check back what I wrote.. and I try to make it short and simple, I know I can be "long-winded" if the inspirasi is there but that seldom happens.. hahaha..
    Anyway, as the saying goes.. the pictures speak of themselves.. and I am still wishing I could have a piece of that above! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the mood is there, can't stop writing hah..hah..

      Delete
  14. When you mind is blank and kosong, just feed into my mouth!! My face will change colours and break into a song. You will be able to write many pages of blogs rightaway. I love anything cheesy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. I would love to see that!!

      Delete
  15. No need to write anything, PH. Wordless entry will do. By looking at the photo, my saliva dah meleleh-leleh. Anything with cheese is my favourite to eat okay, not to bake ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...MD, better don't bake lah. After baking, makan-makan and then regret pulak. I do that all the time and wonder why I can't slim down >.<

      Delete
  16. They look absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, look so nice..i think i can try this during ramadhan for berbuka puasa.

    ReplyDelete