Wednesday 31 August 2016

All The Way From Singapore


Today is Merdeka Day (Independence Day). Malaysia celebrates her 59th year of independence. Yay! And guess what? I'm celebrating too because yesterday I received something in the mail.

Not one but two gifts from Libby. Of course I was excited and I immediately opened both envelopes to find a very cute oven mitten and an apron.


Perfect!


Libby, of course I like them. Thank you so much! Now I won't burn my fingers when removing my cake from the oven and my tee shirt and sarong will stay clean when I am cooking.


The apron comes with a pocket and I can keep my mittens in there until I need it. 

Too bad I can't model the apron for you, Libby. But I can show you how the mitten fits.


Heh...heh.... It sort of reminds me of those muppets on Sesame Street. 

Thank you again, Libby! Your gifts are very handy and I will think of you whenever I wear the apron and the mittens :)

22 comments:

  1. Libby is so smart to give you these two gifts that you will make full use of. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very apt gifts for Phong Hong who bakes and cooks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very useful gifts and if they gets dirty, it's a good sign hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. You are welcome, hope the apron is not too big or too small for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apron fits very nicely. Thank God I went on diet LOL!

      Delete
  4. Very nice and handy for our chef blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee...very useful and will be well used!

      Delete
  5. How sweet! Hmmmm....nobody ever sends me anything anymore. Sobssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Your gifts are very handy" <= hehehe yeah yeah, I can see that from the last picture. Very handy indeed. Nice pun XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee..actually two mittens would be better. Ooops...Libby will think I am greedy :D

      Delete
  7. Such wonderful and practical gifts! Ready, steady cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love practical gifts that won't collect dust :)

      Delete
  8. Just the right gifts and very useful too!

    ReplyDelete