Wednesday 3 August 2016

Molten Chocolate Care, Damansara Uptown


For a moment I couldn't spell Happy. That's because I had too much chocolate coursing down my veins and into my brain. 

Good chocolate makes you forget lots of things. Your frustrations, your sorrows, your pain and your spelling ability. In my case it also made me forget my lousy lunch.

This was our main mission for the day. Molten Chocolate Cafe. The place where you come to get high, where you are guaranteed to experience delirium, exhilaration and euphoria. In other words it's the happy happy place. That's where we adjourned to after our less than stellar lunch at Chili Pan Mee.

So. Without further ado we pored over the menu and selected the Cinnamon Roll and we simply had to have the Amazing Churros again. For drinks, I stuck to mineral water while my brother had the Coffee Shake (again).



While waiting for our orders, I observed many people passing by and stopping to check the menu.



Those lovely kids made a dash for the door before their mum (I presume) stopped them. Poor things.



Ah....the Cinnamon Roll. Look at that.



After cutting into the chocolate slathered roll, I realized that it was not a cinnamon roll bun but rather a crepe. It was filled with whipped cream, red apples and bananas.



The crepe was soft and supple and it had everything going for it - the cream, bananas, apples and melted chocolate. Add ice cream to the equation - heavenly!



In spite of it being called a Cinnamon Roll, we could not detect much of the cinnamon flavor or aroma. But we were not complaining, cinnamon or not, this was great.



We would have licked the plate clean if we could.



This is what we came for. The Amazing Churros. As with the last time, it was just as good. We had to wait a little bit (just like before) but I can tell you, patience here pays off. You want freshly made Churros, you must invest at least 15 minutes of your time.



The Churros came piping hot to the table. Very crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Don't bother making this at home.



It's troublesome, it's stressful and there is a lot of cleaning up to do. By the time you fry up some, you'll be tired and sweaty and you won't be able to enjoy your Churros as much as you should.



Dip.



Lift.



Tempt.



Repeat.

Well, this more than made up for the disappointing lunch. This is one place my brother and I will come back to. Beyond reasonable doubt.


23 comments:

  1. Ah, I forgot about this Molten Chocolate Cafe in your area. The amazing churro set amazingly went up in price in just one month (after your last visit...I checked back), so it better be even more amazing (in taste)....kekeke! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I forgot to check the bill! Well, I was on chocolate high and I would have agreed to any price hah..hah..

      Delete
  2. Everything is molten these days - just saw a friend's photo on Facebook...molten cheese tarts...and see my post day after tomorrow, what molten thing we have here now in Sibu! Eng...eng...eng...teaser/trailer!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will go for the Cinnamon Roll as for Churros, i eat, but not really into it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... if I am the parent, I would stop my kid(s) from coming in too. Look at that cinnamon roll. That's made for adults. Kids won't be able to appreciate it so it would be a waste of money. Kids, give them Choki-Choki enough lah...

    This is a place for couples to pak tor hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, remember to bring your girlfriend here when she comes into your life :)

      Delete
  5. Hahahaha, I guess correctly that this is the place. This is no cheat day! This is crime day! Just look at the cinnamon roll - so decadent!! Don't tell me that it is not too sweet. You do have a sweet tooth after all! With all the sugar, all unpleasantness earlier at the pan mee eatery will be clean forgotten! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Crime day! Yes, totally criminal how we ate the desserts :)

      Really, it was not too sweet. Just nice or I wouldn't have liked it.

      Delete
  6. Gosh! Sugar overdose!

    I dont mind indulge into somerhing sweet like that crepe but not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it is not too sweet. Just nice for me as I dislike very sweet food.

      Delete
  7. chocolate is one of my weaknesses too ... though i'm slightly unusual in that my favourite chocolate is white chocolate :D you know, i'm still waiting for the day when i'm in a restaurant and i spot someone else on another table actually licking his/her plate clean, literally! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, white chocolate! I find it too sweet :(

      Hah..hah..it would be great to see someone actually licking his/her plate clean. Hilarious!

      Delete
    2. My favourite chocolate also white chocolate, heavenly

      Delete
  8. Hello Mdm ! Chocolate + sugar overdose or overload ! Why no cinnamon yet call cinnamon roll? Anyway, I'm sure they taste sooo soo good ! Ok once a while indulgence :) Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen! I like to overdose sometimes err...most of the time LOL!

      Delete
  9. The cimmon roll is simply amazing !😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Such sinful delights!!! Would love to "sin" like this anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too much chocolate to be handled!

    ReplyDelete