Monday 24 October 2016

My Blender Rosak. Adoi!


Of all days. When I wanted to make a Smoothie Bowl, my blender had to act up. Not just one blender, but both. Drat!

I had it all planned out. Frozen banana in the freezer, frozen mixed berries bought months ago (yeah, took me that long) and the rest of the fruits purchased on Sunday.

After I loaded my banana, berries and yogurt drink into the blender and cranked it on, I noted that the blades were sluggish. Maybe my frozen fruits were too hard. But this blender had no issues in the past.


I stirred the contents of the blender and noted that the bananas and berries were not that hard anymore but the blades just won't do their job.  I had no choice but to keep at it until the contents were fairly mushy.

My smoothie was not thick and there were lumps of bananas and strawberries among the watery slushie. But the show had to go on. So I proceeded to pour the contents into a bowl and topped it up with kiwi slices, mango cubes, dried cranberries and chia seeds.


Smoothie Bowls seem to be the in thing these days but I was not going to pay good money for it at the cafe. When I sat down to sample my smoothie, wow! I loved it so much.

Never mind that the consistency was watery and lumpy, it was such a delight to spoon the cold smoothie and cut fruits into my mouth. I can foresee myself making Smoothie Bowls again. But I will have to get me a new blender.


Later, I took out my second blender to blend some spice paste. And guess what. That one also bailed out on me. I ended up with chunky rempah. Cilaka! 

Goodbye!
These two have served me well in the past (the one on the left for smoothies and the other one for rempah). I got them by redeeming my credit card points. Ah well, these things can't last forever.

32 comments:

  1. The bowl of Smoothie Bowl will sure helps me well in my daily business, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so healthy! The kiwi will not jive with me tho, it's the only food I'm allergic to. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I heard of kiwi allergy hee...hee... You can just leave it out then.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if I'd like smoothie bowls (I've not sought them out to try as I'm afraid there'll be some kind liquid involved, like the use of yoghurt or milk, which I'm not particularly fond of). You said your blender rosak but still managed to produce a beautiful looking smoothie bowl! ;) So, I guess you'll be looking to redeem a new blender soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally speaking, if you like smoothies, you will like this smoothie bowl. I also don't like milk and plain yogurt. But flavored yogurt, yes, and I add that to my smoothie. This one I used a mixed berries yogurt drink and it turned out very nice. Yup, I need a new blender fast!

      Delete
  4. Hi Phong Hong, time to get new toys for your kitchen. Anyway the smoothie look refreshing and inviting. No blender but can still go for alternative method. You're very innovative. :))

    Have a nice day, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia! Now there is a big empty space in my cupboard where my two blenders used to be :(

      Delete
  5. Mun here. Your Smoothie Bowl looks so colourful and tasty. I would love to eat it especially that it is lumpy and not totally as a drink. Like you, I am not going to pay good money for it at cafes. But unlike you, I am too lazy to blend the fruits and other ingredients into a smoothie drink. I would rather just eat the fruits and other ingredients as they are unless I grow to such an old age that I can only drink liquid food and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun. I know it's you hah..hah.. Well, the smoothie bowl is very attractive and tastes good too. I suppose your are very practical. Why go through all that trouble just to eat fruit? hah..hah...very logical...

      Delete
  6. Your smoothie is not a disaster yet as it looked like the popular Lolo Dessert from HKG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it turned out very nice though it was lumpy and bumpy.

      Delete
  7. My blenders also broke down on me. I got a new one but have not use it.

    Your smoothie bowl looked good and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking to get a new one. Have to buy because not enough credit card points.

      Delete
  8. Time to buy a new one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bowl looks as delicious as any commercial one out there ... chunkier, sure, but some of us might prefer these chunkier cuts of fruits etc! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually you are right. I did enjoy biting into the cold semi-soft bananas and berries :)

      Delete
  10. I always lazy to take out my blender which I put at the upper part of my cabinet >_<

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smoothie looks tempting..ptg ni panas...sedap tu basahkan tekak

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe long time no use them so merajuk liow.. Anyway, the smoothie looks good leh... very healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true also because I haven't used them for some time hah..hah...

      Delete
  13. I love your bowl of smoothie especially on a warm day! I think I will enjoy biting on the chunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is perfect for hot days and it's nice biting into chunky semi-soft fruits.

      Delete
  14. I'd would like to have a bowl of your smoothie everyday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but so lazy to take out blender and after that have to wash :D

      Delete
  15. So sorry about your blenders! Time to check those credit card points! I haven't made a smoothie bowl yet, but this is exactly the kind I would make---berries not kale ;) Lumpy or not, I bet it was marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Yup, no green veggies in my smoothies too hah..hah...

      Delete
  16. Wah looks like a bowl rich with nutrients!! Perfect to take as snack!!

    ReplyDelete