Wednesday 28 September 2016

Dating on a Work Day


Or also known as cheating on your employer. But if you are the boss of you, you are cheating on yourself while your staff thinks that you are at a meeting. Hah!

You think it's fun being your own boss? You think that being your own boss earns you loads of money? You think that being your own boss, you've got a lot of time to holiday here and holiday there? 

Actually the truth is very grim. You work harder than your staff and when cashflow is tight, you get paid last. In fact some of your salaried friends and siblings earn a lot more than you do. You don't believe me? I'm not about the money, so I am OK with this.

Some bosses do incredibly well, others don't. Me? I'm middle of the road lah. Not exactly suffering and not exactly jet setting. What I enjoy is not having to answer to anybody, not having to suck up to anybody and not having to play office politics. 

So. It was a work day. And I had to attend a dreaded meeting. It so happened that my partner had some matters to attend to. And..... we decided to meet up after he was done. 

Fake food.
When I got into the car, I asked if he had eaten and when he said no, I dragged him to Tokyo Ramen@Atria (updated : this restaurant has closed down). Hah!


It was past 3pm when we got there, so it was all quiet and we had the whole place to ourselves. Since my first visit with my brother, I have been thinking of the Special Miso Ramen. So this is my dream come true thanks to my partner who indulged me that day hee..hee..

A craving fulfilled!

I stuck to what I loved and yes, it was just as good as the first time. My only complaint is that the pork had a slight porky smell. But that didn't spoil my enjoyment.

No egg so this one is no fun.

My partner selected the Ramen Set (Tonkotsu) which came with a choice of Gyoza or Karaage. He chose Karaage (Fried Chicken)


I tried a piece and it was very good. The chicken was drizzled with a very nice sweet and sour sauce. So how did my partner react to the ramen?


It's like maggi mee. Haiya...this fellow I tell you ahh...  But he gave the fried chicken the thumbs up, so all was not lost.

Peeking into his bowl, I reckon I should have encouraged him to choose the Special Miso Ramen instead of the set. The set has less noodles and does not come with an egg.


For drinks, my partner had hot green tea (which came in this pretty pot) while I had mine cold. 

These were displayed at the counter.

So that was my date and because I am the boss of me, I went straight home after that. I know, I make being a boss sound like so much fun.

36 comments:

  1. Oh? So you're your own boss, eh? So very nice. Don't lie!!! Bet you are making tons and tons of money...while others have to slave for you. Hehehehehe!!!! All my life I was a servant, saya yang menurut perintah. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no, no tons of money. I make enough to put a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on the table :)

      Delete
  2. Me also a servant, i am a slave to the bosses, sobsssss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loves those eggs in the ramen, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, being your own boss does come with some perks....like eating at 3pm and going home straight after that....wakakakakaka! :D Hmmm, pork having a porky smell is my biggest nightmare! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like those perks but I can't do it that often hee...hee...

      Delete
  5. Usually set meals, the quality is not as good as paying full price and ordering a la carte one... didn't you let him try a bit of your special miso ramen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so engrossed, I didn't even think to let him try mine. My bad :(

      Delete
  6. Ah so you stuck to what you ate previously and didn't try the spicy version. Did you try the broth of your partner's tonkotsu ramen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the spicy one recently and you are right, it is superb!! No, I did not try my partner's.

      Delete
  7. it is great to be one own boss. No need to answer to anyone else except you, yourself and PH, hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee...that is the best part. But the saying "pengarah dan penyapu" hold true :(

      Delete
  8. OMG! You are so blardy farnee and made me laughed. "You think that being your own boss, you've got a lot of time to holiday here and holiday there? " I always cursed my bosses these words.
    So you finally confirmed our guesses & theory that you are the Grande Dame blogger. Wow! I must visit your blog more frequent and earn Brownie Points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every boss deserves a break 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be good to indulge in your facourite food.

    I have been as a boss and staff. So yes, pro and con.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet there are not many women who run their own accountancy firms or female CEOs in Malaysia. The picture is changing slowly over here. What about kicking asses as a perk for being your own boss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am too nice to kick asses :D :D :D

      Delete
  12. Hello Boss, Enjoy yourself and indulge in our passion... FOOD! After nearly 40 years of working, I baru "fired" my boss and now I am also my own boss but without staff to rule or pay only.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...I want to become that type of boss like you LOL!

      Delete
  13. Boss, got work for me ah? i promise to work hard while you eat Ramen

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the privilege of being a boss. Can go dating on a working day. After working for so many years, I am finally my own boss. Oops! I forgot, I still have one boss in my house. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good boss, so it is OK hah..hah...

      Delete
  15. Hi Phong Hong,
    The ramen looks good! There's certainly ups and downs being your own boss! But I think you would not want it any other way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce! I think you are right, I like the freedom to cabut during office hours and nobody scolds me muahahaha!!

      Delete
  16. being able to escape office hours is my favourite part of not being a full-time employee. i'm very grateful not to have to set my alarm for anytime between 6am to 9am ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? But I still have to get up early for work but I don't have to stay beyond 7pm. Yay!

      Delete
  17. I am like your partner, feel that ramen is like eating maggic noodles

    Me too don't like office politics, in fact I avoid them as much as I could

    You are your own boss, but sometimes boss works harder than employees and very stress, have to worry about whether make profit or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is not easy being a boss. All the responsibility is on you.

      Delete