Thursday 28 July 2016

It's Cheat Day!


Tonight I can eat carbs!! (This was last Wednesday evening hee..hee..hee..). So. Remember the extra pasta I set aside? The day before, I took it out from the freezer to the fridge to thaw overnight.


On cheat night it was fully defrosted.


I topped it with pizza cheese but the cheese was already near expiry and was on the dry side.

It looked uncannily like shredded cabbage doesn't it?

I put it in the oven and preheated it to 180C. Yup, I put it in before I preheated the oven to speed things up. When the oven beeped, I set it to 15 minutes.

The cheese instead of melty, it was clumpy. But still nice.
My pasta was on the dry side because my sauce wasn't saucy enough. To take note of that when I next make pasta. More sauce, please.


Still heavenly though. It's a small portion. That's how I should be eating.


I'm going to make some more to freeze.

24 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a cheat day....every now and then! Muahahahaha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'll drink to that! hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. Frozen pasta nothing much to comment about, but... your oven more canggih than mine. Mine won't beep to tell me it is preheated and ready. Usually I just chug my container or foil pack in and turn on the oven, and I add 5 minutes on top of the usual expected time to factor in the preheating. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it can achieve its purpose, OK liao lah.

      Delete
  3. I would do things like that with any leftovers, cheat...take shortcuts and the end result can be pretty amazing, very nice. It's a sin to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omom it looks very delicious:D follow:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cheat too, i go supermarket, sure buy tibit, haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee..I used to be like that but now stop already :)

      Delete
  6. had something similar last week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhmmmm...I am sure you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  7. I would cheat myself almost daily. My returns would be plenty of exercise and gallons of plain water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least you make up for it :D

      Delete
  8. Oh no.. I am guilty too.. eat and eat and no going for any exercise! I can feel my tummy landing on the bed when I sleep sideway each night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...so funny! My tummy also make landings and bumps when I toss and turn :D

      Delete
  9. I love eating your pasta bake but only for lunch. Everyday is a cheat day for me because I eat carbs everyday but in low amount for each meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good control and discipline. Me, I tend to overeat :(

      Delete
  10. extra-saucy for me too! :D i do admire your discipline - for me, it's a slippery slope when i indulged. so one portion of pasta would lead to another for me, and before i know it, i've gobbled up three plates. it happened today at mcdonald's when i was having soft-serves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Carried away, that's what usually happens to me too. But I have been on best behavior lately. Let's see how long that will last :)

      Delete
  11. This is good! Extra cheesy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cheesy pasta and I am very guilty too! My pants are getting very tight now. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have been behaving myself and I think my pants felt slightly looser. Hope that's not my imagination :D

      Delete