Friday 24 June 2016

Muchachos! We Love Churros!


It was a Saturday and my brother and I had just had lunch at Capital Nasi Dagang Kelantan. He had the Ultimate Nasi Dagang while I had the Nasi Kerabu topped up with Ayam Percik. And yet, we were still peckish after we were done. So.

We took a little walk and found ourselves at Molten Chocolate Cafe. Yes, that very same place where I had Brownies for lunch.

Since we are such gluttons, we could not share just one dessert. We had to have two. 

We picked the Molten Lava Cake and could not decide between the Mini Brownies or the Churros. Since we were already having a chocolate cake, we reckoned that Churros would be a better choice.


For drinks, my brother had the Coffee Shake. I tried a bit. It was very nice.


I stuck to mineral water.


We were informed that the Churros would take some 15 minutes because it was prepared from scratch. It was fine, since we were in no hurry. Besides, we got busy with this one first.


The Molten Lava Cake. Not the usual cupcake sized one but this is baked in a ceramic dish, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


What a beauty! We dug right in, being careful not to burn our tongues.


Look at that. Gooey chocolate lava. Nom!


Nom!


NOM! NOM! NOM!

We scraped the dish and wished that we could lick it clean.

Totally demolished. This was pure heaven. Along the way, we made a mess.


At such a posh looking place too. Jakuns!


Then our Amazing Churros Set was delivered.


Six freshly made piping hot Churros served with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and Melted Milk Chocolate (we had a choice of white, milk or dark chocolate).


We took one each, dipped it into the chocolate and chomped. Wow. It was amazing. Crispy on the outside and soft at the center. These were better than the ones we had at El Cerdo some years ago.


The Churros were coated in cinnamon sugar and they were outstanding. Seeing that they were so good, I immediately demarcated our portions. Two for you and two for me. Muahahahaha!!

Don't fight. Don't fight children.
We took a peek at the counter and noticed three chocolate fountains.


I guess that is where the melted dark, milk and white chocolate came from.


While we were enjoying the Churros, we kind of felt so jolly. Euphoric. Delirious. Giggly.

If you want to see how delirious we were, check out this video and see how David reacts to his Nutella Cake at 2:48. That was exactly how it was for us.



Well, I can't say that this is a place that we would drop by often. The desserts are decadent and indulgent and that's not something to eat every other day, though I actually don't mind hah..hah..hah..


35 comments:

  1. As long as cakes, i loves... The Molten Lava Cake is so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the chocolate dip was not enough. That cup is so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...we were so engrossed in the churros that we did not notice hah..hah..

      Delete
  3. I had churros long ago at KLCC, Chinoz in the park or something. Can't remember what they were like now, no lasting impression. That molten lava looks so sinful, bet I would love it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had these churros, you would remember them forever!

      Delete
  4. At RM23, the churros better be amazing! ;D Although it looked kinda thin and not evenly shaped. But as long as it tastes good, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth the RM23.00, every cent :D

      Delete
  5. Morten lava can feed how many people punya. Looks very big portion leh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is just nice for two people. For one person could be too much but I think I can handle lah hee...hee...

      Delete
  6. My favourite word is also jakun! Haha.. Eh, who cares if you made a mess.. Make a mess is good la, then the cleaner and waitress got job to do la (huhu, I talk like a jakun, just kidding k).. Chocolate desserts sure will leave a mess one la.. if got kids, lagi messy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..I noticed you also like to say jakun :) We later asked for a plate so that the chocolate did not drip all over the place.

      Delete
  7. I am not a dessert person but I could not resist chocolate. I am eyeing that Molten Lava cake. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me love desserts especially the chocolaty ones.

      Delete
  8. Some cafe served Molten Lava cake like this, didn't unmould it. Oh so decadent and sinfully tasty ! But I must skip this ... maybe just 1 spoonful ... hee ... hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? One spoonful? Not enough! hee..hee...

      Delete
  9. This was a heaven, at last for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny with the NOM NOM NOM!!!

    I like my Churros with sweet condense milk, yum yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOM NOM NOM!!! Are you cookie monster? Hee hee

      Delete
    2. Yes, cookie monster!!

      Delete
  11. Your desserts are so tempting and I am drooling. How I wish I could nom nom nom away too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still dreaming of the molten chocolate and churros!

      Delete
  12. I can imagine the both of you being so happy while high on sugar, hehehehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMmmmm....TWO great choices!!! Love how they made the molten lava cake in a rectangular dish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that makes it really convenient!

      Delete
  14. one of these days, we might bump into each other in damansara uptown - the area seems to be your prime haunt! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...yes, I hardly venture outside Uptown. But we might not recognize each other :D

      Delete
  15. Wow, everything looks yummy! No wonder you are feeling so jolly and giggling! Sugar overload! Pocket too! But I can see that they are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth every cent and calorie hah..hah...

      Delete
  16. Everything looks delicious and the presentations are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the "freshness" of the churros make them more yummy eh.. :)

    ReplyDelete