Monday 6 June 2016

Baking Is Stressful


Sometimes. It's supposed to be relaxing but sometimes it's not. This is the cheesecake I baked using the excess cheesecake filling from the Mini Coffee Cheesecakes. I was running late and because of the excess filling, I had to bake another cake. So this one was baked in a hurry, rather reluctantly at that >.<

Fortunately, I had one half of a chocolate spongecake to use as the base. That saved me a whole lot of trouble from having to crush some biscuits and melt some butter for the base. If I had to do all that, I would have gone bonkers! LOL!


In my haste, I neglected to grease the cake pan, resulting in difficulty unmoulding the cake. Haiz.... Truth be told, I wanted to toss the excess filling into the bin but prudence prevented me from doing so.


I'm glad this cake came into being because it was pretty good. It went well with the chocolate spongecake and the taste was further enhanced by my ganache scribbles. 


For the recipe, please refer here. It's good for an 8" cake. I hope it's not stressful for you.

27 comments:

  1. Not stressful to eat them though. For me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with Lina, me also not stressful to eat them, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree....baking is stressful sometimes...just like cooking! :D No wonder this cake looked familiar...I think you did a similar one but with chopped nuts on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I live next door to you, all problems solved lah. I can do errands, besides weeding your garden and help you finish all the food & bakings!

    This cheesecake looks creative and can name it Batik Cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wonder your wife gave you ang pow!

      Delete
  5. Now you're telling me!!! I would not even dare try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...let other people do the baking and you take care of the eating :D

      Delete
  6. My cheesecakes are usually non-baked since they don't require as much work. Love your new header image! Have an awesome week, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley! I prefer baked cheesecake, so...

      Delete
  7. Aren't you glad that you did not throw the excess fillings into the bin as the extra cake turns out to be wonderful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all stress is gone when you see it ready to eat ,so yummy to look at and surely so delicious to eat dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel doing anything half-heartedly or in a rush is always stressful, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stressful? After that, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy a slice of your well-earned stressful bake! Your cake looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh mine, this looks so good, I love it! Yums

    ReplyDelete
  12. Usually cake (pastry) baking would be stressful to me. I mean, I would start out excited, but after 10 minutes I would become bored and restless and cut corners and my "creation" would turn out crap. I have not talked to my electric mixer for quite some time now. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that too sometimes. In the middle of it, I would regret and feel depressed hah..hah...

      Delete