Well, I was convinced by the promotional photos. I have been to Kakatoo before and was OK with the Nasi Kerabu back then. Not wowed and not disappointed either.
There is blue tinted rice, fried chicken, satay, keropok, salted duck egg (under the keropok), kerisik (dessicated coconut), raw cabbage (topped with sambal belacan), Nyonya acar, a coconut based sauce and a deep fried ang koo kueh.
I don't want to sound like a fussy (Nyonya) auntie but I was underwhelmed by this nasi kerabu. I might have enjoyed my first experience better.
My late grandmother used to pan fry leftover ang koo kueh and if you have never tried that, you should. It tastes even better fried hah..hah...
Well, I guess I might not come back. Clearly they have their fans since they are still around after all these years. Good for them.













Wah, Girl ππΊ so syiok π»π½got big sofa to sleep π€ on. Nice ππ»π
ReplyDeleteGood morning π
ReplyDeleteFried ang ku? I have never tried it. I wonder π€ do they sell the fried ang ku one by one. If yes, I could just buy one to try.
Did u say kosong for Kopi o? Kopi o means no milk, it will have sugar. If don't want sugar, have to specify Kopi o kosong.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day π
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your walk and smell the flowers πΉπΈ
Hi dear PH, the meme at the end of your post...I say, π Amen.
ReplyDeleteThe chicken leg looks very tasty. I have never heard of, or seen, blue π€ rice...that is until I read this post and looked at your photos.
Cats are amazing. Just watching a sleeping cat makes me relax. And yes, I wish I could sleep like that as well.
Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. π
Ah girl look so plump hereπ such a cute fatty bom bom. Seldom can find nasi kerabu in my area here. Last time around my ex-office area got alot and was dirt cheap.
ReplyDeleteAges since I have nasi kerabu. Not easy to find here. Yours looked good and pretty but sorry to heard it wasn't to your liking or expectation. Like what I experienced before, first time always taste better. Maybe we expect more. Lol.
ReplyDelete