Saturday 23 January 2021

MCO 2.0 Day #10 & #11 : Don By TSF. Again.

Friday and Saturday! I am having a nice weekend. Yesterday (Day #10) I ordered food from Don by TSF again. Why? Because it was so good. Besides who wants to cook on a Friday?

Day #10
I did some housekeeping and got my floor vacuumed and mopped by 7:30 am. Then I did the laundry and watered the garden. I also did some food prep for next week for my partner. 

Then at 12:45pm my food arrived woohoo!!


I pre-ordered the day before and made sure to add a note that it was a pre-order so that the chef is aware (unlike previously).


I ordered two dons - Miso Pork Belly Don and Chicken Karaage Don. I also added two sides - my two favorites which are the Don's Chilli Tofu and Japanese Soy Glazed Eggplant.


Oh! I loved the Chicken Karaage Don! What was wonderful was that (not only was the fried chicken fabulous) the flavor combinations worked so well - the mango salsa really popped and the shredded cucumber brought freshness while the small slivers of chili added a subtle zing to the meal. Highly recommended.


The Miso Pork Belly Don was a pleasant surprise because of the curry miso dressing on the rice. Somehow the curry (which had legit local curry taste) worked well with the miso pork belly.

Not only that, the pickled cucumbers reminded me of eating simple cucumber acar with my mum's chicken or beef curry. That acar/curry combo always gets me. And the onsen egg? You know I love eggs with anything.


My two favorite sides were consistently good - Don's Chili Tofu and Japanese Soy Glazed Eggplant. I can eat just these two sides (maybe with a little rice) and be totally happy. This time  the enoki tempura was crispy.

In case you were wondering, the portion size of the don is adequate (generous even), for a big eater like me. I would say that the proportion of rice, mains and garnish is on point.

So day #9 ended with a very happy belly.

Day #11
No food orders today. Sendiri masak! I am on a mission to clear my freezer and fridge. I want to stock up on salmon, prawns and chicken.

I want to eat better in 2021, or in other words I need to lose the extra 5kg I have been lugging with me since MCO 1.0. Hah!


Today I am not eating anything fancy. I am attempting to eat whole foods ie food in its natural form, not processed (bye, bye, luncheon meat).


Unfortunately the fish was not whole. I had to cut each into two to fit into my brand new deep frying pan.


I also roasted some sweet potatoes using my air fryer (inspired by my auntie).


This is yellow fleshed sweet potato.


I had no other vegetables left, so sliced tomatoes will have to do. Bon appetit!

Then I discovered that Ah Belle figured out how to open my shoe rack.


I was surprised how come the doors are ajar. 


Oh! Clever girl found a sweet spot for herself.


Just don't kacau mommy's shoes, ok?

16 comments:

  1. I think I will choose the pork belly! I enjoy that fish but no one in the house wants to eat so I never buy. May pick it when I go for nasi campur - dunno when can go again, getting worse and worse. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That fish is only good (to me) if fried with sambal stuffed in it. I was just too plain lazy that day.

      Delete
  2. Hah, I haven't checked whether I can get this Don delivered to my place or not. Good that you enjoyed your dons and side dishes. Ah Belle is such a clever girl. Your shoes cabinet is so clean. No wonder she wants to sleep inside. Maybe she is hiding from other Tom cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very cosy spot and she loves "hiding" in there.

      Delete
  3. Cats love any boxes or shelves to sleep on. My sister has a huge shelf and her 2 cats would choose their ranks and moods to lie while watching the world below.

    Now you have given me idea what to do with the wrong sweet potatoes I just bought. My wife wanted to bake me a cake with purple flesh sweet potatoes and how could I tell that it was yellow & not purple? I had no idea as it was purple outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're not the first one who can't differentiate the sweet potatoes. I have the same problem and I rely on the display labels when shopping in supermarkets, otherwise I'll ask the seller if it's the wet market. Some sellers will cut off the tips of the sweet potatoes just to display the colour inside. Now why isn't a purple-coloured skin potato purple on the inside, right? :P

      Delete
    2. TM : I ordered from market that's why I could tell what color before I bought it hah..hah...

      Delete
    3. Kris : At the supermarket, I do something naughty. I scratch the sweet potato a little bit to see the color.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear that the portion size of the don is good. The first one looks really appetising. I don't think I can eat cencaru fried like that. Don't get me wrong, I love cencaru but only if it's stuffed with sambal..lol...otherwise the flesh is very dry. I've not seen a cat that can open cupboards, perhaps the door was not closed properly, otherwise you have a very smart cat. I've also not seen a shoe cupboard that still has so much space...kekeke! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right about the cencaru - it does not taste good plain fried. Must be stuffed with sambal. But I ran out of frozen sambal and was not motivated to make a fresh batch. Too lazy! The cupboard door is defective, it can't lock in place. Belle must have observed me opening the door and she tried her luck. Now she loves spending her time in there.

      Delete
  5. The food from Don by TSF look really good, no wonder you order from them again. Wow! so early (7.30am) you got your floor vacuumed already, so hardworking, kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always believe that I will have more time to get more things done if I wake up very early.

      Delete
  6. You are super rajin on Saturday! the shoe rack definitely looks like a comfy and safe place to hide & rest...got door somemore for privacy, LOL! The Day#10 meal is just too healthy....I m not used to eating like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yah, not delicious at all >.< The shoe rack is now her new apartment.

      Delete
  7. Both your mains looked really good ler, tempting to try out their food. Let me check check this weekend.I'm the one who cook from Monday to Friday ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a break from cooking. The food from Don by TSF really got standard.

      Delete