Thursday 17 January 2019

Blueberry Cheesecake in Jars


Among the many desserts one may find on the menu or buffet table, my weakness is cheesecake. I am a never-say-no-to-cheesecake person. 

I am trying to recall my first cheesecake experience because I have a phobia for cheese. Smelly cheese. And based on my perception of cheese, how is it that I had the courage to eat cheesecake? I'm sorry, I can't remember. Maybe it was a Secret Recipe cheesecake.

Now, allow me to digress.


Behold my freezer. My best friend. What's lies within?


Hah! My stash of desserts. I have a freezer compartment dedicated to the sweet and decadent stuff. How's that, eh? (that's why very hard to stay slim)


These little glasslock containers come in handy when making small portions of cheesecake for freezing.


So too are little glass jars which I never throw away as they are very useful for storing salad dressings and of late, cheesecake hee... hee...


These are quite good for portion control and of course ease of serving. When you want to throw a party, cheesecake served in jars/tubs are ideal as they are easy to make (no baking required) and easy to serve (no slicing required). They are very portable too for transport to potluck parties. And since they can be frozen, they can be made ahead.


Blueberry Cheesecake in Jars
Recipe source : Phong Hong 

Serving size : 7 small 200ml capacity jars/tubs

Ingredients :

For the blueberry sauce :
- 250g blueberries
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tsp water

For the cheesecake base :
- 10 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted

For cheesecake filling :
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- 200ml whipping cream (cold straight from the fridge)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract

Method :
1. Make the blueberry sauce first because it needs time to cool.
- Put blueberries, orange juice and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring every now and then until blueberries release juices and are softened. 
- Add cornflour mixture and continue to simmer until sauce thickens. Set aside to cool.

2. Make the cheesecake base :
- In a mixing bowl, mix the crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. 
- Spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into each jar/container.

3. Make the cheesecake filling :
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and drizzle in the whipping cream while beating.
- Beat until the mixture is creamy and fluffy.

To assemble :
1. Spoon or pipe the cream cheese into each jar/container until 3/4 full.
2. Top each jar with blueberry sauce.
3. Store in the fridge to chill and firm up or store in the freezer.

30 comments:

  1. Wahhh.. your little jars are so cute.. I have some too but no cheesecakes inside them... hahahaa... Really salivating over your cute cheesecakes now, dessert lovers we are, right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have copied down your recipe as I am a die-hard fan of cheesecakes too. I used to invest buying imported Sara Lee's whole cheesecakes and ate all by myself! It didn't make me fat but happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, must show when you make the cheesecake, OK? LOL!

      Delete
  3. OK, I get it...you loooooove blueberry cheesecake! ;) You got Blueberry Cheesecake in Jars (Jan 2019), Blueberry Cheesecake in Tubs (Dec 2018) and Cheesecake in a Jar (Nov 2018) for the past 3 months...wuahahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahahaha!! I love blueberry cheesecake way too much. People must be bored with my blueberry cheesecake hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. Love non-bake cheesecakes, & these make great gifts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blueberry cheesecakes too! Time to buy some to eat because you tempted us with so many delicious blueberry cheesecake posts lately, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not crazy about cheesecakes but will eat when there is any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you like the Japanese baked ones.

      Delete
  7. first time to see cheese cakes in a jar! so, what's next? in a bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever i go for buffet, i will aim for the cheesecakes, now you are here to tempt me again with your yummy blueberry cheesecake, your cheesecakes in jars look so presentable, if you put them on sale, sure sold out within seconds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think put in jars like that they look very attractive and tempting!

      Delete
  9. I love blueberries and cheesecakes. Drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. Blueberry and cheesecake in one jar. Oh boy, I would die for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can make this and your kids would love it!

      Delete
  11. Look so good!

    Putting it in jars makes it easy to give out as treats, right? i.e. for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete