Tuesday 5 June 2018

Small Breakfast


One weekend I went to the office without breakfast. That's because I still felt full from the previous evening's dinner. I thought I could last till lunch time.

But nope, not happening. By 9:30 am my stomach was  complaining. So I thought of trying the big breakfast at The Good Batch. When I got there, the place was under renovation. Bah!

So I had no choice but to walk to The Starling. Now, where to go for breakfast?


I decided to go back to Red Kettle as I had not been there for quite a while. Though I enjoy the food there, I did not like their policy of setting RM50.00 minimum for credit card payment (I found out later that they no longer do this).

I have already tried their Red Kettle Dutch Baby and their Really Big Breakfast so I decided to settle for something else. The Chorizo Baked Eggs (RM22.90) caught my eye, so I decided to go for that.

This how it looks like. It's quite a small serving but I did not mind as I felt that I should learn to eat small portions.


The baking dish that they used is exactly like the one I have seen at Daiso hee..hee...

I took a good look at the contents of the baking dish.


Eh? Chorizo Baked Eggs or Chorizo Baked Egg? There was only one egg in there. I don't think the egg was baked as it looks like it was a soft boiled egg. 

Now, where is the chorizo? I dug into the dish.


There were a few thin slices of chorizo, mushrooms and tomatoes in a tomato based sauce. The chorizo was tasty of course but there is so little of it.


There were only three small slices of bread, not enough to mop up the sauces in the dish.


I enjoyed the Iced Long Black (RM12.50). Though the Chorizo Baked Egg was nice enough, I felt that at RM22.90, it's not worth it. 


When I went to pay for my meal, I was pleasantly surprised that Red Kettle now accepts credit card for amounts below RM50.00. Good for you Red Kettle! That's the way to go.

I'll be back for lunch one of these days.

27 comments:

  1. They accept credit card? That is nice when you don't bring much cash.

    I love chorizo too. Look like your breakfast too little for you. I wonder I would be full too. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was digested very fast hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. Looks like soft boiled egg to me too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been passing this outlet so many times and peeped inside with high hopes to see an Ah Hong Chee figure feasting inside. I would glance at every lady's small feet to match yours! Ha ha!

    This Chorizo Baked Eggs is just the perfect portion and taste for a good breakfast meal. The boss must be a tricky person to put the word "Eggs" for just one egg and you have the right to protest! I think the price has to be above RM20 at least to cover their high rentals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's quite popular during lunchtime. The prices here are quite steep. I agree, they need to cover overheads and make profits.

      Delete
  4. It may be a small breakfast...but price leaves a big hole in the pocket, so not worth it based on the portion. And one egg only? @#$%^&*! I've never seen baked eggs with one egg (yeah, like TM, I'd probably be cheeky with them and say they shouldn't say eggs (as in plural)! >_< That's the reason I don't order baked eggs as the egg yolks, more often than not, come out overcooked...and I think you're right, that one looks like a soft-boiled egg that was cracked on top. Usually when you bake it together, some of the whites would have seeped through the tomato-based sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was a very expensive breakfast. I think I can make something like this at home.

      Delete
  5. Good grief! Still feeling full and you were thinking of the Big Breakfast! LOL!!! I would never wake up in the morning feeling full from last night's dinner - I sure wouldn't mind that nice looking set you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Big Breakfast is the better bet.

      Delete
  6. I've never been to the Red Kettle. Would you recommend checking out their full menu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would recommend as I like what they serve here though prices are a little on the high side.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The portion is overprized for that size, i don't think i will be full eating that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too expensive this set. I got hungry again around 3pm. LOL!

      Delete
  9. I was just there for lunch today. Their pan fried seabass portion is just right for me. Lolx at your still full from last night dinner! how can anyone still be full from the previous night dinner because surely the hours of sleep would have digested the food away. runny egg yolk is not for me. thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when I eat a big dinner, I feel full the following day. Usually when hat happens I can last till 2pm but that day heh..heh... it was not so. Hope to read about your experience there if you are blogging about it.

      Delete
  10. i haven't been to their starling branch, but i did like their taman desa branch when i went there some years ago. i guess in a mall, they have to make changes and adapt to a mall crowd compared to their residential neighbourhood crowd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this place and the food that they serve. Since they now accept credit card for any amount, I'll be back more often hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. Wah! What a nice breakfast!

    I rarely get to eat such nice breakfast on working days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On working days I can still have it at those cafes that do all day breakfast.

      Delete
  12. They should further bake the egg and not leaving it like that >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like not following what the describe in the menu.

      Delete
  13. Nasib la mai mlm² buta. kalau siang hari tergugat puasa tgk menu kt blog PH 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...berbuka dulu baru mai...

      Delete