Wednesday 13 June 2018

No More!


Just last week I commended this eatery for now accepting credit card payments where they previously set a minimum charge of RM50.00. Boy was I in for a disappointment when I kept my promise of visiting them more often.

But before I get into my story, let me digress. I had a meeting that day, yes, a dreaded meeting that to my relief turned out quite well. So I decided to give myself a treat and I walked in to this eatery (I won't say the name as you will know from the link above).

And I ordered this.


I was served a gorgeous looking grilled chicken leg with rice and all the fixings. It was a very big piece of leg I might add. But sad to say I was disappointed because (1) the meat was cooked till very soft and mushy and (2) the spice paste was not remarkable at all. 


The two chili condiments also failed to make any impression. The taste was just ordinary to put it mildly.

For the first time in a long time, I could not finish my meal. 

The biggest disappointment yet was when I went to the cashier to pay. This is how it went down.

Me : (presented my bill and my credit card)

Cashier : Do you have cash?

Me : (taken aback) Sorry, no. (actually I had some cash but I was testing the waters)

Cashier : How about debit card?

Me : (seriously??) No.

Cashier : We only accept credit card for RM50 and above.

Me : But last week when I was here, you guys accepted credit card for below RM50.00.

Cashier : Actually we accept cards only for RM50.00 and above.

Me : Then why don't you put a sign to inform your customers? (they did that in the past)

Cashier : No, because that's illegal. (hah! tahu pun illegal!)

Me : Then you should not impose a limit on credit card payments.

Cashier : No, we are just asking customers for a favor, if they have cash to pay by cash. Next time, please bring your debit card (wtf!)

Me : (after card transaction was done) OK then. Thank you, bye.....

In the first place, you know it's illegal, then why do you ask me if I have cash? I present the card, you accept it, no questions asked.

I am in no way blaming the cashier as she may be simply following management instruction (unless she also happens to be the see thau phor. She was quite defensive and showed annoyance when I queried her). 

So, with the dismal meal and the attitude of the management, I ain't coming back. 

20 comments:

  1. Maybe it is the chicken, some are probably the frozen ones, not firm and nice and tasty as fresh chicken...and I was told that ayam penyet, the Indonesian way - they boil the chicken first before grilling and hence, the texture. It's like that at the Indonesian franchise place here - I never went back again.

    Lodge a report to the credit card company - some people need to be taught a good lesson. There are some who will charge you an extra 2% if you use your credit card - even worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. I even suspect that the chicken was pre-cooked and then frozen.

      I would like to report but find that in Malaysia, complaints often fall on deaf ears. I have tried in the past to complain about other things and I have given up.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hate it when a restaurant tries to get "funny"....well, they run the risk of losing us as customers. Padan muka!! >_< With that kind of attitude, you've made the right decision on not going back. I'm not sure why you enjoyed the food here in the first place coz their google rating is really low (3.0)...anything less than 3.5 I'll try to avoid...hahaha! :D Many also mentioned their sucky service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the food I tried were good but this latest dish was awful. As for service I go during off peak hours so it had been OK. This episode with the cashier really put me off >.<

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an attitude! Perhaps you could feedback to their mgmt? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't bother as they would probably ignore it.

      Delete
  4. No proper and strict standard. Sekejap accept, sekejap don't accept. Geez.

    The chicken did looked horrible. Lousy food plus lousy service. I wouldn't go there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very bad. That's why I will never go back.

      Delete
  5. even though the food is good but with lousy management and services, I will also ban that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As my friend always use to say whenever this type of thing happens.. "Boycott"... that is her favorite word and till today, I think she has countless of shops/restaurants she has boycotted.. LOL... As for me, if the food is yummy and nice, I will still go back... otherwise, bye for good..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate there a few weeks ago. Since you are not going back, I am going to support you by not going back too. There are just too many good eateries in Starling and in Damansara Uptown to go back to those that do not care much for our business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very put off by their attitude. Well, thanks for the support hah..hah... I don't suppose the food you had was that great to make you go back.

      Delete
  8. Don't ever go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so disappointing when restaurants are not consistent - especially when it's both with service and with food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't waste our time, tastebuds and money, don't go back again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, dont want to komenlah, hihi.
    Ok as i promise..
    Just bought ready made biskut jejari.
    Cooking chocolate double boiler then dip the biskut.
    Milk rice just sprinkle on it, put in the freezer for half an hour, siapp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad they are losing a customer because of their poor management and service~

    ReplyDelete