Tuesday 24 April 2018

My Free Smoothie Bowl


Well, it's not exactly free as in I sit down, eat and then leave. There is a catch of course. You have to purchase any product worth at least RM10.00, then you qualify for the Members Eat Free on Mondays and Thursdays.

Which is the reason why I only visited now, when I needed to buy something. The eat-free choices are limited and on Mondays, the vegetarian nasi lemak is on the menu. But since I have already tried the nasi lemak, I decided to go for the smoothie bowl instead.


I was served this complimentary ginger tea which is why I did not order any drinks. They have toned down the sugar as the last one I had was very sweet. This one was just right.


Look at that. Isn't it pretty? It looks just like the photo on the menu. The topping consists of sunflower seeds, goji berries, mango, blueberries (yes!), some crunchy stuff and raisins.


Digging in, I see a pink smoothie base which turned out to be yogurt and banana. It was very nice and mildly sweet.

My only complaint is that the smoothie was not chilled enough. It was just barely cool. I would prefer colder.


I love this smoothie bowl. If I am not wrong, the price is something like RM18+. Well, I bought a bottle of raw honey and got me my free smoothie bowl. Nice!

24 comments:

  1. Wow! That bowl of smoothie filled with seeds, fruits and berries looked very healthy & Sedap. I often make something like this at home using what ever available to mix with cereals, muesli and dried fruits. This is a healthy organic shop and they probably avoid serving too cold as they deemed it unhealthy. Old and sickly people might not like it too cold like us. I like them straight from freezer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should tell them that I want it cold :)

      Delete
  2. I ordered a smoothie bowl at BMS midvalley and was told it was not available. So worth it to get it free with your min RM10 purchase. now should I be a member too since I ate in BMS 1U yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth it as the smoothie was good and so loaded with toppings. Quite filling.

      Delete
  3. Like what TM mention, my mum will not like it, but I like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for old people but I am old liao....

      Delete
  4. How to make money then if they have to give you a free smoothie bowl that costs RM18 when you only need to buy RM10 worth of goods? Unless there's nothing there you can buy for only RM10! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing worth RM10 is the baked goods and veggies. Since I had a bottle of honey to buy, they made more that RM10 from me hah...hah...

      Delete
  5. You eat the dried wolfberries hard like that...or have they soaked them in water first? Very sweet - I would add in soups and some other dishes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not soak in water but it wasn't that hard.

      Delete
  6. So colourful and pretty, the smoothie bowl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bowl, so colorful and nicely served!

    ReplyDelete
  8. colorful, but I dun enjoy yogurt if it is not cold enuff....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Next time I wanna tell them I want it cold.

      Delete
  9. I like this very much too. So healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how come the base made from yogurt and banana can be in pink colour? They used berry yogurt? But anyway, FOC always tasted good eh, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they added dragonfruit for the purple color.

      Delete
  11. Love your smoothie bowl, Phong Hong! Would love to try that as well, so healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something that we can make at home too, Elisabeth!

      Delete
  12. I tak pernah masuk Organic BMS ni LL... mcm menarik gak smoothie dia tu

    Uhhh kalau sejuk sangat tak ke susah nak makan weyh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau sejuk sangat, gigi LL sakit. Hainom, makanan kat BMS ni walaupun vegetarian, tapi sedap.

      Delete