Friday 13 April 2018

After So Many Years, I Still Freak Him Out


As usual on Friday evening, he will ask me "chiak hamik ?" (what shall we eat)? That's when I took the opportunity to take my partner to Robataya@1 Utama. Whether he likes it or not heh..heh...

Like me on my first visit, he was overwhelmed by the menu. I wanted to recommend that Buta Kyushu Yaki Don that I had earlier but he had already made up his mind to have the Oyako Don (Chicken & Vegetables Cooked on Rice).


Which he later declared was "boh hamik ho chiak" (not very nice). Ah, next time he must have the Buta Kyushu Yaki Don for the "ho chiak" factor.


For me, I had the Sutamina Don (Stir Fried Pork with Spicy Miso Paste). It was quite tasty.


Then we had these yummies from the kushiyaki section.


The Uzura Bacon (Quail Egg Bacon) was quail eggs wrapped in bacon and grilled. Ah, I can have four of these. They were lovely.


And then our next order freaked out my partner.


The Bonjiri (Chicken Tail) which is my favorite part of the chicken. "Hamik lai?" (what is that?) asked my partner as he inspected the skewers.


Chicken backside. "Huh??!!!" Well, he ate only two pieces and passed his skewer to me, complaining that it was very oily. I thought it was over salted and my partner freaked out again when he saw that I also ate the tailbone. Well, you learn something new about each other from time to time, eh?


I definitely want to come back as I noted that it is very convenient to low carb over here too as they also have lots protein and vegetable dishes only. 

34 comments:

  1. hahaha at least he tried the Bonjiri. I dare not try it at all! yes I like to eat those skewers cos they are mainly meat and vege.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I like those skewers. So many to try!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! You are so gross to love eating "Kay Kah Chui". Normally toothless grandmothers love to eat them cos they are so soft like baby's butt. The grannies would boast that it helps to smoothen one's facial complexion. Bluek!

    Anyway you really have good taste to dine at Robataya as their skewers are really done to perfection like in Sapporo. Time to ask your darling to bring you on honeymoon to tour Japan lah while your knees can still walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I like the ayam's bontot. To me it is so delicious! Yes, one day I want to go to Japan with my lahling.

      Delete
  3. I want that Uzura bacon. Must be good. I love quail eggs...

    Chicken tails. My favourite. More polite name is bishop's nose. Hehe. Deep fried or grilled, I like it but true. It is nothing but fat. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5! Some people think it is disgusting. LOL!

      Delete
  4. The quail egg bacon, same with you, I can have four of it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No mention of the prices? Eyewwwwwwwwww!!!! Buntut ayam!!! No, a thousand times no, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bonding between you and your partner is so cute and loving, you make me believe true love exists! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! True love does exist only you must remember that even true love is not perfect!

      Delete
  7. I think I'll go for the pork too. I'm a huge fan of pork! Yummy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha... if he asks... what are you supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I ask him back the same question. hah..hah...

      Delete
  9. What an interesting meal! Chicken backside? hahaha, not for me, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... looks like not many people like this!

      Delete
  10. You freak me out too....hahaha! :D I once saw a roadside stall selling (of what I thought) were grilled chicken liver only to realise (when I approached) that they were chicken butt instead! Yikes! >_< I can't bring myself to eat chicken butt knowing what they've been used for before...wakakakakaka! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I hope they cleaned it properly >.<

      Delete
  11. Lol! Chicken backside? Oh no, no thank you! At least your partner ate 2, I won't touch even one! I will prefer the quail egg wrapped with bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... it's my favorite part of the chicken LOL!

      Delete
  12. Grilled eggs sound strange but tasty 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heard that chicken tails "butts" are good for complexion but I still have not tried once before in my whole entire life till now.. no wonder my complexion is not good at all! hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  14. the bonjiri is one of my favourite yakitori pieces too! thank goodness for that part of the chicken ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that it's your favorite too!

      Delete
  15. buntut ayam memang superb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of protein, and low carb is the way to go if you want to lose weight and totally enjoy your meal. I do love the quail egg bacon, and the stir fried pork...as far as for the chicken 'tail'...not my style...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Most people seem turned off by chicken tail :D

      Delete
  17. Ok, I can imagine the combination of quail egg + bacon and I would finish all like you too LOL

    ReplyDelete