This happened during my chimichurri-craze-phase. I had some chimichurri leftover in a bottle in the fridge and it had been there for a week. Before it got funky I thought it might be nice to toss some pasta with my favorite green sauce.
Instead of bacon (which is my favorite for dry style pasta), I used grilled pepper sausage. I grilled all four sausages from the package and used only one for the pasta.
I topped the pasta with fresh parsley and a generous dash of chili flakes. I thought it was very nice and it made for a very satisfying lunch. How I miss pasta!
Grilled Sausage Pasta with Chimichurri
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 grilled sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 tbsp or more chimichurri
- some minced fresh Italian parsley for garnishing
- chili flakes
1. Cook spaghetti to package instructions. Mine was done at 12 minutes.
2. Drain spaghetti and put into a mixing bowl.
3. Add sliced sausage to the spaghetti and toss with 2 or 3 tbsp of chimichurri.
4. Add chili flakes and garnish with minced Italian parsley.