Tuesday 17 April 2018

Grilled Sausage Pasta with Chimichurri


This happened during my chimichurri-craze-phase. I had some chimichurri leftover in a bottle in the fridge and it had been there for a week. Before it got funky I thought it might be nice to toss some pasta with my favorite green sauce.

Instead of bacon (which is my favorite for dry style pasta), I used grilled pepper sausage. I grilled all four sausages from the package and used only one for the pasta.


I topped the pasta with fresh parsley and a generous dash of chili flakes. I thought it was very nice and it made for a very satisfying lunch. How I miss pasta!

Grilled Sausage Pasta with Chimichurri
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 grilled sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 tbsp or more chimichurri
- some minced fresh Italian parsley for garnishing
- chili flakes

Method :
1. Cook spaghetti to package instructions. Mine was done at 12 minutes.
2. Drain spaghetti and put into a mixing bowl.
3. Add sliced sausage to the spaghetti and toss with 2 or 3 tbsp of chimichurri.
4. Add chili flakes and garnish with minced Italian parsley.

24 comments:

  1. This is in one of my eat list as I have not eat it for a while, hehe..

    Since I'm early, will my reward be a plate of pasta from PH, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A plate for me anytime. I still haven't taste chimichurri. But bet it is good since you love it and use it a lot in your cooking experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good but dunno if you like it hah..hah..

      Delete
  3. This plate of pasta is so sedap giler! Look at the sausages that made me scream.
    You should bottle all your chimichurri for sale. I will do the selling since it is an overpowering food enhancer! First, I need to try your sample ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. maybe lah I appoint you as my distributor!

      Delete
  4. Thank God for gluten-free pasta - one of the very few things that actually taste like the regular stuff. Many of the gluten-free cookies and others aren't exactly edible, much less the same. Post on gluten-free pasta in my blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so curious about the gluten-free version of some foods. But I didn't buy after looking at the price. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I have yet to taste chimichurri. There is an eatery called ChimiChurri in Jaya One where we can customise a wrap or sandwich or bowl by choosing a meat, a fresh vege, a carb and a sauce. Maybe one day I will eat there and choose the Chimichurri sauce to see how the sauce tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try the chimichurri sauce. I wonder if you like it.

      Delete
  6. I also haven't taste chimichurri before....Ur pasta looks good, I feel like wanna dig in to that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wonder if chimichurri pasta with pesto chicken would work as a recipe, or whether it would be herby overload :D feel free to experiment, hehehe ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...the flavors might clash. But there is only one way to find out. LOL!

      Delete
  8. The pasta looks so delicious especially with the grilled sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phong Hong, this is a 'winner'! Certainly my choice, grilled sausage over pasta, and topped with chimichurri ...over the top delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An easy-peasy carb-loaded meal to cook up that's delicious, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meal preparing becomes so easy with ready-to-use sauces (either store bought or homemade like yours)!

    ReplyDelete