Monday 30 November 2015

I'm A Butt Lover


It was sooo bad and yet it was sooo good. What was that??What are you thinking?? A sexy screen siren pouting while she delivers that line in a breathy husky voice? Whatever it was that she had that was so bad and yet was so good is obviously not what I had. So, PH what did you have? Was it naughty?


Say it. Just say it. Come come, don't be bashful. Okie.... chicken butt. What? chicken butt. I can't hear you, speak up woman! Chicken butt. Chicken butt. Chicken butt! hee..hee..hee.. I like chicken butt!! Bontot ayam!! Sedap beb!!


There, I confessed. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you like chicken butt or bishop's nose, is there? I have a chicken butt fetish, people. Now that I got that out of my system, I feel so relieved. Phew!


I was at Cold Storage browsing the chicken section when I saw packets of chicken butt on sale. I didn't expect to see the chicken nether regions sold here. I always think of Cold Storage as an "atas" place catering more to the expatriate community.

Anyway, I grabbed a packet. When I got home, I cleaned the butts and removed the yellow glands. You can't eat these oil glands because they are very unpleasant. I have had the misfortune of biting into one when I was a kid and I will never forget the yucky experience. In fact, the glands on the duck is even yuckier. Sorry for being gross.


I seasoned the mutilated butts with salt, garlic powder and cornflour. I left them to marinate for about 30 minutes. Then I deep fried them until crispy and golden brown. I don't know if that's the right way to do it but it worked for me.

Ahhhh......this is sooooo goooood!!!! Crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. I ate the delicious chicken butts dipped in Sriracha mayo. Yum! Yum! Yum! 









Deep Fried Chicken Butt
Recipe source : Phong Hong

This recipe is agak-agak, ok?

Ingredients :
- Chicken butts, as many as you like. You can remove the oil glands or just leave it on.
- Salt
- Garlic powder
- Cornflour

Method :
1. Rinse chicken butts and pat dry.
2. Rub with salt, garlic powder and cornflour.
3. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil and deep fry chicken butts until brown and crispy.
5. Serve immediately.

44 comments:

  1. This, i will tell you, no thank you, chicken butt, no to my liking, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo.. Thought you became naughty suddenly! Nope, I don't like the butts but my dad love it! Always search for it when a whole chicken is served!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...I also go for it if nobody else takes :D

      Delete
  3. Oh no!!!!! Thank you very much!!! But they say it is very good, the collagen will keep you looking young so go ahead, eat more of it. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that Cantonese women eat it to improve their complexion. Don't know true or not hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. ewwwww, you love that?? hahahaha.. okay, i actually can pass all mine to you if you really like it.. i only like the breast and ribs part of a chicken, and i guess you like the thighs and legs, and of course butts!! so we can sama-sama go eat chicken together and we don't have to fight for the parts we each like, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very like lah because it is so fatty and soft :D

      Delete
  5. so, it's that yellow gland, the culprit of the foul smell?? hmmm, so it's removing it and the butt butt will actually taste good?? hmmm, i still cannot accept it, even though i am okay to eat feet and neck of chickens, haha.. well, i guess deep fried would be the best, takkan use the chicken butt to make salad like the chicken feet salad?? hehehe.. with your sriracha mayo, i think mostly the butt butt won't have any smell left huh?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that yellow gland is awful. Nowadays I always look out for that booby trap and remove it.

      Delete
  6. Looks like not many people like butts....chicken butt, I mean.....me included!! Ewwww....:D It's too fatty and the thought of what it used to do deters us from eating them. I bit one accidentally and that was the first and last time, although fried ones are probably nicer to eat. I've seen some Malay stalls grilling a whole stick of it that looked so irresistible but, when I found out they were chicken butts, I backed out! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, I never thought of the function hah...hah...I just eat!

      Delete
  7. Hi PH, most people who eat these butts will say they are good. I believe they are soooo good but I have no guts to try. You enjoy them on my behalf, please, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! It appears that none of the people who commented here like it hah..hah...

      Delete
  8. My first reaction of Butt!! Huh thought you spelled it wrongly - aww - chicken's butt. I known there are lots of Asian loves chicken butt but not for me. I don't have the taste for it. Enjoy on my behalf and maybe one day I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then, there will be more chicken butts for me hah..hah..

      Delete
  9. Biting into an oil gland when you were a child did not deter you from eating them? I have never tried to eat them so I do not know what is in them. What is beneath the crispy skin after deep frying - just fats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learnt that it was the oil gland that tasted awful, so I tried it again after removing the offending glands. And since then, I love the butt hee..hee...

      Delete
  10. Hi Phong Hong, I drop by look see, look see only. Everyone said it taste good but no thank you, I dare not bite. :))

    Best regards
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, you can give to me anytime hah..hah...

      Delete
  11. Hee ... hee... I've never eaten chicken butt ... or chicken feet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahhahaha this sounds so naughty! I'm not a fan of chicken butts but I have a cousin who loves them and eats them to have "nice skin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is good for the skin, then I should eat more hee..hee...

      Delete
  13. hahahaaa... naughty naughty!!! BUT I like this post :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clap Clap for PH!!! Not many people would sink their teeth into butts.. but you love them!! hahahaha... Salute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never tried chicken butt before leh. My mom tried to make me have some when I was a kid, but just the idea of eating butt makes me run far far away.

    I wonder if I will taste chicken butt or human butt first in my life... WEI!! CENSOR CENSOR!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! OMG! You love chicky butts like all grandmas! I accidentally ate the butt once from the Inchi Kabin Ayam and spat out. Later I realised it tasted nice like chicken meat and why did I spit out like an idiot?

    Princess Ribbon did not appear today. Your topic must have shocked her and she delivered her baby smooth & fast!! Wakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi you cheeky cheeky Phong Hong,

    Sorry that I'm never a fan of chicken butt :p but I do respect people who likes them :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe! hee..hee.. Looks like no one else like the chicken butts, so there is more for me :D

      Delete
  18. Hahahhaaaa Phong Hong, next time I know where to find partner to eat chicken :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, DG! Call me when you want to go eat chicken hah,,hah,..

      Delete
  19. I've never tried eating Bishop's nose but I do enjoy reading all the comments, so funny!

    ReplyDelete