Last Friday, I picked up two boxes of mushrooms from Jaya Grocer, one brown and one white.
I planned to cook them Sunday.
As usual, first thing Sunday is grocery run at Aeon.
I saw this stall. Mumumm - Authentic Japanese Daifuku & Mochis.
Oooh...those look good! But no, I shall not succumb to temptation. LOL!
Then I saw this cute cardboard cut-out.
It was promotion for New Zealand squash.
I was curious but I did not buy any.
Back home I had a very ugly soup hah..hah... Tasted good though. I was hungry.
Then I cooked a steak with white button mushrooms.
Steak, mushrooms and garlic. No other vegetables, so this plate did not look pretty.
The steak was good, of course. As for the mushrooms, wah! They were very tasty!
Yup, I shall get more mushrooms next time.
Then later I cooked beef trimmings with the brown button mushrooms.
The brown mushrooms were also delicious. But I could not differentiate between the two, I love both. Whatever it is, I'll get both again next time.
Hi dear PH, your steak and mushrooms look delicious! As for the soup, I agree it looks ugly...but if it tasted good, this is the most important! I love the Dr. Mandell illustration and message.
ReplyDeleteI love all your photos, dear friend. Dark chocolate is healthy! It can be eaten daily but only a few pieces as I recall reading about.
LOL! Linda, I appreciate your honesty, that soup was ugly hah..hah... but tasty :) I love dark chocolate and because it is bitter (I like 90% or 100%) I can't eat much of it.
DeleteAh, I want to buy a box of 5 daifuku. I wonder is it available at Midvalley mall.
ReplyDeleteI like to eat mushrooms too. I can only eat strips of beef, one whole steak ๐ฅฉ is too much work for my weak teeth ๐ข
Does your partner cook his own meals?
This comment was rescued from spam after I read your later comment. You can cut the steak thinner or borrow you hubby's scissors. LOL!
DeleteFrom what you wrote, it sounds like this is the first time you've bought button mushrooms to cook at home? If so, I'm indeed surprised since they're so easy to cook + you love mushrooms. Now that you've cooked both at home, you can see that their colour is different, so you'll be able to tell them apart next time. I find brown mushrooms having a bit more mushroom flavour + they're jucier. Since you can't tell the difference, you can just get the cheaper white ones (lucky you!)....lol! For me, I've to pay for the more expensive brown mushrooms. >.<
ReplyDeleteYou are right. I used to buy Portobello mushrooms instead and I love them in omelette. Now I love button mushrooms! Well, you have expensive taste, my dear. LOL!
DeleteI can't afford my expensive taste.....wakakakaka!
Deletehah...hah...hah....
DeleteHhmmm, my comments went into spam I think ๐ค
ReplyDeleteLet me check.
DeleteI want to buy a box of daifuku. Wonder are they sold in midvalley mall.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they do and if so, please review hah..hah...
DeleteYour beef dishes are tasty no matter how they look. ๐
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you :)
DeleteI love mushrooms. White or brown, go well with steak.
ReplyDeleteAgreed!
DeleteHmmm....what's in your ugly soup?๐ค
ReplyDeleteBits of pork and very overcooked onions and celery. LOL!
Delete