Monday, 31 August 2026

Merdeka Day

Today is Malaysia's National Day.

It is also unfortunately the anniversary of the Princess Diana's death. I am not a fan but neither am I a detractor. This memory brought me back to the time when Princess Diana came onto the scene. She was indeed beautiful and attracted a lot of attention.

My grandma and I sat glued to the TV to watch the royal wedding back in 1981. A few of my classmates had their hair done in Princess Diana's style. There was so much excitement.

Sadly the marriage ended in divorce and the beautiful princess died some 16 years later. When the news was announced, I was at a DIY shop with my partner.

Sorry I digress.


Back to today. My red Hibiscus bloomed with one flower resembling our national flower. This variety is double petaled but sometimes one flower would be single petaled.


This is how the double petals look like, an inner petal which looks like a frilly skirt and the outer petals.


The pink ones were flowering too.


I had beef trimmings and this time I marinated the meat with onion/garlic powder, turmeric and curry powder. I did not add any salt.


It turned out to be like daging goreng kunyit (fried turmeric beef).


As usual, I cooked the veggies (baby French beans, cherry tomatoes and garlic) at the same time and it all turned out very well. The combo of turmeric, curry powder and garlic/onion (and salt which I did not add) is very powerful.


Last week, datenite was at Red Kettle where my partner and I ate the same old same old hah.hah..hah...


He had the Classic Pork Chop while I had the Double Cheese Pork Burger.


I enjoyed the burger and the bacon might be the reason LOL!

Well, I had a good break and I feel happy. Tomorrow it is back to work and I hope to stay positive. I shall now go enjoy the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and the food looks delicious, dear PH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy merdeka day to you! Wah, your bunga raya also bloom one exact single petal flower 🌺 to celebrate this day. I wonder 🤔 when I would get off my butt to get a bunga raya plant. Do they grow well in pots? Good to hear you didn't need to go to work on this day. Enjoy your rest day! 💕

    ReplyDelete