At the overhead bridge, I spotted the new signboard of the new operator who took over the space vacated by The Rustic Grill.
On my way to my brother's house I passed by the DJ shop houses where I saw a long queue.
The queue was due to the opening of Gepuklah.
When I left my brother's house, it started to rain. The queue outside Gepuklah was twice as long by then. Such enthusiasm! I'll have to wait until the hype subsides before venturing out here.
I have seen this restaurant many times when I cross over to and from DJ. There are a few restaurants along this row (to be explored).
The lady boss was very friendly and helpful. She recommended the Signature. Since I was not in the mood for anything spicy, I settled for the Soon Hock Fish Fillet Noodle (although the fish head is cheaper, I did not want to struggle with bones).
As you can see, I chose the soup with milk because I remembered enjoying it back in the day when I used to eat at Mr Fish.
As I did not feel thirsty afterwards which is a plus point. My only consideration is the portion size of the fish which I feel is too small for the price paid.
I won't mind coming back for the curry and tom yam versions and perhaps I should try the fish head.





















Hi dear friend, seeing the long queue waiting for the restaurant to open reminds me of Black Friday sales here in Montreal. Some people camp outside the store overnight or very early in the morning before the store opens as they want to make sure they get the things that they came to buy.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your pictures.
Linda, I have read about those crazy antics on Black Friday hah..hah... I cannot imagine camping outside the store just for that.
DeleteThey expect ppl to add on rm20 for ala carte. Well, is all about business!
ReplyDeleteYa, RM20.00 for 4 small pieces of fish, hah...hah...
DeleteI read thru in socmed tht ppl already queuing at Gepuklah before the shop opens. Crazy! Some queued for 2-3 hrs...these ppl kinda free to waste time like tht😂
ReplyDeleteMe too wondering who are these people who have so much time. LOL!
DeleteWow!! That was one super long queue at Gepuklah. Crazy!!
ReplyDeleteI like the fish soup. But rather plain, without milk but I don't mind once in a while. Make it more creamy. Hehe.
Ya, crazy I won't do it LOL! Usually I prefer clear soup.
DeleteNow fish is very expensive, even tilapia fish is more expensive then normal chicken. Normal chicken price is ok. Branded chicken is expensive. 3 slices of deep fried fish is really too little for a meal ðŸ˜
ReplyDeleteYa, that's right. The fish portion discourages me from eating there often.
DeleteCan't wait for the hype to cool down so that you can try the ayam gepuk 😆
ReplyDeleteMe too, I want to see what is so special about it.
Delete