I have freed myself from the mindset of "scared of getting fat" which was planted in my head by my mother when I was growing up. She was very conscious of her figure and used to tell me "when you are fat, anything you wear will look ugly".
So I lived with the stigma of feeling fat and I use to go on ridiculous food restrictions. Now that I am more educated on nutrition and metabolic health, I know what to do and I no longer live with that very unhealthy thinking.
Saturday I had early dinner at Red Kettle. Against my good senses (hah..hah...) I ordered an ice Cappuccino. It was diluted. Bah!
I wanted carbs so I ordered the Angel Hair in Broth.
That looks good. Any carbs I eat must be accompanied by a decent portion of proteins. Veggies to me are optional (another streak of childhood rebellion).
My mum used to eat more rice, loads of vegetables and less meat. She was under the impression that animal protein is bad. As a result, as she got on in her senior years, she lost muscle mass.
Let me show you what nutrition can do.
On the left is my mum in January 2023 (80 years old) when she first arrived at my brother's house. I was shocked at how much she aged.
On the right is mum eight months later after I encouraged her to eat more protein. She put on healthy weight and it improved her mobility and appearance. Of course, lots of rest (after singlehandedly looking after dad) also played a big part.
Mum eats 4 eggs a day and I make sure that she gets a good portion of protein at lunch.
I love eggs. These soy lava eggs were so tasty!
I love this bowl of food - the pork broth was wholesome and thick, the angel hair pasta was cooked al dente and I loved the cherry tomatoes, cloud ear fungus and the thinly sliced spring onions. This I will order again.
I used to audit an amusement center during my junior years at an audit firm. While working at the client's premises [at an Aeon (then know as Jaya Jusco) branch]) we were surrounded by sounds coming from those (bloody noisy) amusement machines.
I could even hear those sounds when I went home at night hah...hah....















Hi dear PH, well, it seems that my Monday blog post did show up in a fellow blogger's news reader. However, I see that it didn't show up in yours. It is so weird. Anyway, I am very grateful that you, Mun and some others don't rely on it and you just come right to my blog. A heartfelt thanks. ♥️ By the way, my post showed up in the Blogger news reader 24 hours later.
ReplyDeleteDear PH, eggs are not carbs. Nice to see them in your meal. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures. And I love the motivation meme at the end of your post.
ReplyDeleteSoy lava eggs are new to me. Your description of the meal 😋 sounds like you really enjoyed it. I am so glad 😊
ReplyDelete