Monday 13 December 2021

Once Upon A Time I Cooked

Wahahahaha... Like it has been ages since I wielded a spatula and attacked the wok! Oh yes, I did cook. Months ago. And I wasn't moved to write about it. Gone was the enthusiasm of plating up a dish, making it pretty, taking snapshots and then blogging about it.

This was my very delicious (if I may say so myself!) stir fried Brazilian spinach with sambal hae bee.


It was so good (anything with sambal + dried prawns is always!) with rice and I wanted to eat more and more.


I also did the same with Chayote shoots.


I should have cooked it a little longer as the vegetable was a bit tough.


This is rice fried with canned chili tuna and garnished with fresh aromatics.


I also added some pineapple chunks. It was very good and intend to cook it again.


This one was inspired by my Grandma's notorious kerabu and I wanted to blog about the scary pig head, maybe one of these days.

Kerabu always tastes great with some crunchies and munchies, in this case tempeh chips.


And that's it for my short lived cooking stint. I love chap fan too much.

16 comments:

  1. After bored eating outside, you will want to go back to cooking. Like me, after cooking so long, I appreciate and cherish the food I eat out. Lol.

    I like sambal and dried prawns and true, anything with them sure taste good. But try to cut down on using them in my cooking. So I hardly cook with sambal or dried prawns. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. I am still not feeling the mood to cook and enjoying chap fan to the max!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your veg fried with sambal hay bee (udang kering).

    I dunno the chap fan there but here, it is always too oily, too much msg...the Chinese ones. I prefer the Malay nasi campur, may be oily too at times but I find their dishes much tastier, more to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular chap fan shop's dishes are quite all right, not too oily and I find it tasty. The prices are reasonable too.

      Delete
  3. the chap fan looks colorful and sumptuous! i would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the variety, something which I can't give myself.

      Delete
  4. I am reading this quite late so am very tempted by all your food photos. Home cooked or Chap fan, as long as looks tasty, I will be tempted to eat them! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying my chap fan to the max. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I've never used canned chili tuna to make fried rice...that's something new to consider. Ya, I'm off cooking for a while too...having it too good with ShopeeFood lately...lol! You cook some of the more uncommon vegetables...brazilian spinach (looks a bit like sui chai choy) and chayote (not coyote!) shoots (I've had neither before). I don't think I've seen them at wet markets (I believe you got yours from supermarkets).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Maybe I'll start cooking in 2022 hee..hee..hee... I got the chayote shoots at Aeon. It is quite a tough vegetable and needs longer braising.

      Delete
  6. I had something similar with your Chayote shoots which is pumpkin shoots, but I don't like it, the texture was quite coarse and fibrous for my liking. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Malay it is labelled as pucuk labu. Yes, it is coarse and fibrous and need to cook longer.

      Delete
  7. We too like anything cooked with sambal and dried shrimps. Very appetizing. These days, I cook simple. Not in the mood to try out new recipes. Feeling lazy too. My area only has chap fan for lunch, none for dinner. Chap fan is very convenient and can pick various choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This chap fan shop that I frequent also opens for dinner and they close on Sundays.

      Delete
  8. Tonight I want to cook something with pineapple.. and still have not thought of anything yet... maybe with fish.. but seeing your fried rice with pineapple, maybe I just cook more rice and do that...hahaha... simple and yet appetizing!! Your chap farn is really overflowing! I like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to pile my food at the chap fan shop. So satisfying to eat puas2 LOL! Pineapple is very good with fish and any seafood.

      Delete