Wednesday 15 December 2021

Belle Belle The Heartbreaker

Belle Belle has been on very good behavior mode of late. About a month ago, she disappeared for two days straight and prompted me to mention that we would be breaking each other's hearts at the end of this post.

It was a Sunday and Monday that she did not show up. Tuesday morning she came home and then did not return in the evening. I was quite upset. 


The week before, my partner spotted her at a neighbor's a few doors away from us. We were on our way to work and I saw that the guy was giving Belle Belle a chin scratch and she was clearly enjoying the attention. I did not think much of it as I do not mind the neighbors playing with my cats.

Finally on Wednesday she came home. I was delighted of course and scooped her up in my arms (and gave her a few kisses on the head). Then I did what every parent would do. Yes, lecture time. 

I know this is silly (she is, after all, a cat) but I proceeded to tell her under no uncertain terms that if she were to run a way again, I will not take her back. And that's that.


This is her looking all repentant after the scolding.


She appeared to be very tired and was sluggish and sleepy throughout the day.


I did feel sorry for giving her a tongue lashing.


It had rained heavily on the Sunday she disappeared. So there was a possibility that she was caught somewhere far and could not make it home. I even feared that someone might have "kid catnapped" her and made her their cat. Hah!


Unlike Girl, Belle Belle is more adventurous and ventures further away from home. My partner once spotted her at Oasis BU4.


I took her to the vet about a week after that and kept her indoors. It was only last week that I gave her the freedom to go outside (all the while praying that she won't run away again).


So I was relieved to find her (and Girl) waiting for me when I got back from work.


So here she is, super manja lately especially with daddy.


And very playful with Girl.


Ah well. It looks like everything is good. My parents are back safe and sound in Kuala Terengganu and my dad is doing well so far.

This is Girl who made her way to my bed by her "kesian"-sounding whining outside the door. Haiz.... Mommy's heart melted though I discourage her from coming into the room.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your parents are back safe and sound in KT and your dad is getting on ok. Disappeared for TWO DAYS!!! Oh dear!!! What on earth could she be up to???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what that naughty girl was up to. But she has been coming home promptly and I hope she continues to do so.

      Delete
  2. Belle is so adventurous, maybe can get a pet GPS tracker to trace her whereabout before letting her out next time. Maybe she found a new BF outside and stay overnight with him...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen any male cats around for a long time. Belle Belle is quite fierce, so I doubt got BF hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. I think Belle enjoyed the attention given to her by the neighbour. I thought you wanted to give her up for adoption and now I am glad that she is back home with you. It is nice to see her and Girl playing and enjoying each other's company. Good to know that your dad is doing well and your parents are now back home in KT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that I might have to let her go but she took my lecture seriously. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Belle is such a heartbreaker coz she's so adorable. Not to worry, your 'children' will always come home eventually...they know it when they have it good at home with the best food, a comfortable bed to sleep on and a high-end toilet to do their 'business'...lol. Eat, sleep, shit...repeat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess so. She had been very obedient lately and comes home promptly.

      Delete
  5. Giving thanks that your parents are safely back in Kuala terengganu and your father is feeling ok. Have they ever considered moving to kl permanently to be closer to you all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plans for them to move here and I would feel better as my brother and I can keep an eye on them.

      Delete
  6. Love all these photos of Belle Belle and Girl.thank you! I pray that both of them will stay with you forever and Belle Belle won't ever run away again. She is so adorable in photo 2. Like winking at you. You are very good at photo taking and can catch all their adorable moments. I still cannot get cute photos of boyboy. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) To catch photos of them, have to be very lucky to be there at the right time and also have the phone ready.

      Delete