Wednesday 31 March 2021

The Butcher's Table, SS2

Last weekend I finally got to go where I wanted to go for a long time. A place which my partner would most likely not be too keen to visit.

But we had company and that was the venue proposed and accepted! Besides, the food at The Butcher's Table is meant for sharing as these come in big portions.


We were slightly late because my partner relied on his "instincts" and we ended up at the wrong side of SS2 hah..hah...  So he had to use Waze to guide us to the right location.

Sometimes my partner thinks he is more clever than Waze. When Waze says "in 200 meters, turn right", he will say "mana tiok???" (how can that be right??) and then he turns left. Then Waze has to recalibrate to lead us back to the right path. Pening aku.

Anyway, we got there to a full house (I made reservations) and our guests had already arrived.


We took a look at the menu.


Soups and salads, appetizers, beef, lamb and fish.


Burgers & pizza, oink oink and turkey.


More oink oink, sausages, rice, pasta and salads.


And of course beverages and the yam seng-yam seng stuff.


Our guests placed orders while we were lost in SS2. This Crispy Roast Pork looks like your regular siew yoke but tastes much different though the chili dip (which was a tad too salty) is pretty much like the one at any chicken rice shop.


This Pork Deluxe Cheese Ring was absolutely delicious. 


It was served with squiggles of mustard and although filled with cheese, I could hardly detect anything cheesy (yay!).


The taste is very reminiscent of the pork sausages that my dad used to buy whenever he had meetings in KL. 


The Smoked Pork Knuckle was my favorite for the evening, smoky, tender and juicy. My favorite part was the skin :)

The brown sauce complemented the meat very well though (again) I found this dish (and the sauce) a little salty to my taste.


These were the initial 3 orders and then 2 more were added.


A member of our party felt guilty after sampling the meaty pleasures and decided to add some greens to make our meal more, how shall we say, wholesome? hee..hee.. Even then look at the amount of bacon topping on the Green Salad.


Guess for whom this is for? Yup, my partner had to have his rice. I found this Bacon Fried Rice a little too oily and (again) salty. 


By this time, the magnificent smoke pork knuckle was devoured to expose a bone, which would have been nice to take home to boil soup. Hah! But shy lah....


After the big makan, we adjourned for ice cream. There is always room for ice cream, right?


Piccoli Lotti at Damansara Kim. We have passed by many times before but never stepped inside.


It was quite empty when we arrived but the placed soon filled up.


My partner remarked that prior to our visit he had always thought that Piccoli Lotti was a bakery. When asked why, he said "Lotti (roti) what?" hahahahaha...


Guess who had 2 scoops?


That is why madam, other people are thin and you are fat. Hah!

17 comments:

  1. OMG!!! So many people!!! I would just go some place else, never mind how good to food is. Not worth taking the risk! You'll never know!!! All the meat looks good - the fried rice looks rather ordinary. Oily? Salty? Haiyahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. What to do? At least we were seated outside.

      Delete
  2. This butcher table used to be Mr Ho fine food a long time ago. I walked past his butcher table ss2 eatery before but never went in. Guess the roast pork is marinated in western style? I must go and try the cheese sausage whereas the pork knuckle for my spouse. Which flavour did u order for your ice cream! Very nice ice cream, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, western style roast pork which is not my favorite. My ice cream was affogato something and yogurt strawberry, not so compatible with each other hah..hah... but nice individually.

      Delete
  3. This definitely a very heavy dinner, a lot of meat and end up with a scoop of ice cream . This is beyond the definition of "FAT"...hahahaha!!! Anyway I guess, it was a good food with good people, therefore who care the word
    "FAT"........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A once in a blue moon indulgence hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. I visited once this place, food was decent but not really memorable. We had the fried rice too that time, same greasy, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. meaty meal and double scoop ice cream...super fat! i have eaten at Mr.Ho fine food (in Mid Valley) many years ago which serves the similar porky dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fattening food and not eat like this every weekend LOL!

      Delete
  6. I tried Butcher's Table in Ipoh branch, twice I went and I think it is enough. Yes, mostly meat that is why the name. LOL... I love your style, after makan, go for ice cream! Single or double, I can also accept! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how full I am, there is always room for ice cream hah..hah...

      Delete
  7. 1st guess is The Butcher is serving pork. I am right!!

    I dont mind such place. Everything looked yummy.

    2 scoops ice cream is ok, once in a while infulgence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of meat, meat lovers will enjoy this but I prefer if balanced with more vege hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. Ah, I see now why none of the dishes resonated with me...your guests made the orders...wuahahahaha! :D Allow me to tell you why...just for a bit of fun, weekend is coming! 1) I don't usually order siu yuk in a western place like this coz the ones from roasted meat stalls are always the best (the times I did order, I find they have a distinct porky smell). 2) Pork sausage I would order...but not a cheese option. 3) Pork knuckle...oh no, not fatty meat. 4) Frizzy salad leaves (we can buy from the supermarket?) with bacon bit...aiyah, we can make this easily at home. 5) What, bacon fried rice? We can whip this up too at home. Of the five, I can only see you ordering the pork knuckle (since you enjoy fatty meat). The other four, you probably come to the same conclusion as me...lol.

    Jokes aside, there's a branch here in Pavilion (they took over the spot from Pigs & Wolf)...but when you say the food is salty, I'm a little wary as my salt tolerance is even lower than you. P/S: I have this nagging feeling that you're not fat at all coz, from my experience, people who perceive themselves as fat are usually not...hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! You are so right! I definitely won't order western style siu yuk and agree 110% that the ones at roasted meat stall are loads better to our taste. The best person to accompany me here would be my brother as we can order steak and lamb (which our guest for the evening including my partner don't partake). Let me check if he is interested hee..hee...

      I don't know if the food is always this salty or maybe that night the chef was a bit heavy handed with the seasoning. Well, I am not slim as per the conventional standards. You know, a bit like Beyonce, I have me some meat on my bones wahahahaha!!!!

      Delete
    2. Where u got meat on bones. 😂😂😂U r slim la.

      Delete