Tuesday 22 October 2019

If He Doesn't Want to Take You There, Go There Yourself


Ah hah! This is another restaurant that my partner does not want to visit on account of the not-so-good-service the last time we were there more than a year ago.

And I would never suggest us going back to a restaurant that he has "banned". But since Rakuzen@The Starling is nearby, I decided to stop by for lunch.


Since I was alone, I was seated at this corner. It was all right. Although the seats were so close to each other, luckily for me, there were no other single diners at the time.


My drink of choice at any Japanese restaurant is always green tea.


I was there for the set lunch and I decided on this one with yakiniku beef.


This is what I love about Japanese food. You get rice, protein, vegetables, soup - a little bit of everything and it does fill you up very nicely. I noticed that the rice is regular rice, not the usual sticky Japanese rice.



The beef was excellent and so was everything else.


A few days later, I returned for the set with grilled chicken and sashimi.


The chicken was nice and smokey with a nice charring on the skin.


And of course I loved the sashimi.


Then many days later, I came back for another grand lunch, the saba set with sashimi.


I got two pieces of nicely grilled saba. So good!


And again, I enjoyed the sashimi.


This was the most expensive of the three lunch sets I have had so far at RM53.00 (RM56.20 after 6% service tax). I was really stuffed after the meal.


On all three visits, since I was there early, service was not a problem at all. 

21 comments:

  1. The beef looks so good...and the chicken...and the fish! Everything, to my liking...and no leh? The seats aren't all that close...even for someone my shape and size. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. FINALLY...bye bye pussy!!! LOL!!!

      Delete
    2. What does the 2nd comment mean? This post did not mention any cats.

      Delete
    3. I think stp meant no more post on cats as he does not really like cats lol.

      Delete
  2. I have been to Rakuzen at Midvalley Mall about four times since they open this month and Everytime I ordered grilled salmon at RM 26+ and topup RM 10+ to turn it into a set lunch. Yummy! Love the set lunch there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good and I visit any time I crave for Japanese.

      Delete
  3. Hey, why blame your partner for not taking you there? ;) You did decide not to return (after your previous visit) since you didn't enjoy the food after all. Glad to hear your next 3 meals here were up to your standards (for once, the well-charred chicken looks the most appealing to me even though I prefer beef or fish over it anytime). Anyway, anything in and around Uptown & Starling Mall, you don't need your partner to take you there lah...you can just walk there yourself....wuahahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my mind and wanted to see if there were improvements hee..hee... You got that right, I can walk there myself :)

      Delete
  4. I can never say no to japanese food. I welcome sets with chawanmushi, sashimi and fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me woo. It's well balanced and very satisfying.

      Delete
  5. Yes. I love Japanese because of varieties and everything in one meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's Rakuzen near my place but not frequently visit because the price is not really that wallet friendly.
    I'll normally discard the chicken skin whenever I order chicken dishes (except fried chicken, hehe :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo! So sayang the chicken skin. That's my favorite part. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I love your title and that is my life philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh ikan tak masak tu called Sashimi eh... baru tau hahhaha.... Tauhu fa tu lah yg i cakap, i suka sangat, sedap! Tauhu fa dengan shitake bukan seaweed ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...tauhu tu LL pun suka. Lembut dan berperisa gitu.

      Delete
  9. The cooked food looks delicious. Lots to learn about Japanese food names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to confuse between sushi and sashimi. LOL!

      Delete