Friday 18 October 2019

I Miss You Ah Boy


There was a time when this shy boy tagged along with my Ah Girl to visit my house. He was the timid one, running away from me every time I approached him.



I was quite taken by the both of them and I started giving them food.


Ah Girl was the dominant one, I sometimes catch her giving him a swipe with her paw. Poor fellow. Always kena.


He would never fight back. He would just cower to a corner. I felt sorry for him.


In time to come, Ah Boy grew more trusting of me. One day, he came to me.


Rubbing his face on my feet.


Auuuwww....so sweet....


That really touched my heart. He was getting chummy with me.


But Ah Girl got a little aggressive whenever I pet Ah Boy. A little jealous? Maybe.


Ah Girl of course has a special place in my heart but I also had a soft spot for Ah Boy.


Ah Boy has since disappeared. It has been many months now and as I look at his photos, I still feel a tinge of sadness. I miss this little boy.


Recently while passing a neighboring house not too far from mine, I saw a cat that looked like Ah Boy. The cat was much bigger in size but I could not get a better look at it. Maybe that was Ah Boy and he had found a forever home. I really hope he did.


Good bye Ah Boy. I still miss you. Sigh.....

26 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Hope he is fine. Maybe wandering to new neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure someone is taking good care of him.

      Delete
  2. What a touching post. The little boy is so sweet. It could be him all grown up now. Perhaps you could try to take a better look everytime you pass by that house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've passed that house a few times but don't seem to see him.

      Delete
  3. I do hope Ah Boy has found a forever home!
    Of Ah Girl, would you consider doing the kindest thing for her which is to get her spayed? If you decide to put up a Gofundme account, I promise I will contribute! Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you :) I will get her spayed to spare her and me the headache of dealing with kittens!

      Delete
  4. The female species are always like that, very domineering! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Ah Boy has a forever home all this while....but just came to sucker you for food. My neighbour's cat comes to my house for just that. The fact that he rubs your leg and lets you pat his chin tells me that this is not a stray. His behaviour seems more domesticated than Ah Girl. By the way, I think Ah Girl can bully Ah Boy coz she's older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two timed by a cat. Bah! I have this creepy feeling that my girl has a home somewhere and she just having a bit of fun with me. Ah, never mind. I will enjoy her for as long as I can.

      Delete
  6. Ah boy looks so cute from the photos. Can see that you have a soft spot for ah boy from your words and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just look at his photo and go all sad and soppy. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You bought a new Selipar Jepun. Your lovely toes are so long and you must be 5ft 10inches girl.

    That Ah Girl cat might have clawed and bruised that Ah Boy until he is in the hospital. Oh, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to be 5' 10" or even a six footer but it didn't happen. Bah!

      Delete
  8. Hope Ah Boy has found a forever home and is well taken care of. I think Ah Boy wants to thank you for being so kind to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very touched when he was so friendly towards me but now he is gone. Sobs!

      Delete
  9. Praying that he got a new home then

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have a soft heart for cats, PH! Hope Ah Boy is happy is with his new owners... anyway, you still have ah Girl and soon, she will have ah Boy as her boyfriend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my Ah Girl is still with me :)

      Delete
  11. wah, such a nice picture of the handsome ah boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hopes are that he found a forever home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hopes too and that he is happy and made his new family happy.

      Delete
  13. Anak dia u nak namakan sapa LL... Ah Anak hihi

    ReplyDelete