Thursday 17 October 2019

Kimchi Fried Pasta


What's that I hear? No thank you? OK. OK. I hear you. Many of my readers are not fans of kimchi. You guys wouldn't come anywhere near kimchi.

You might be wondering if I still have any of the kimchi that I made last time. Got! If I eat kimchi everyday? No! Is the kimchi still sitting in the fridge? Yes! Why didn't eat? Don't know!


You see, I was saving my kimchi for stuff that I can cook with kimchi like kimchi stew, kimchi fried rice and so forth. Besides not everything goes with kimchi (Koreans might not agree).


So for a start, I fried angel hair pasta with pork and kimchi. I followed the recipe here since it looked so delicious.


I know this looks like your regular meehoon goreng pedas but this one is only slightly pedas with the pungency of very ripe kimchi. I see some of you wrinkling your noses heh..heh...

Quite easy to cook if you have some kimchi on hand. Simply marinate some meat with soya sauce, pepper, sesame oil and Chinese cooking wine (my version lah). Stir fry it, add some sliced onions, kimchi, fish sauce and gojucharu (Korean red pepper flakes) and when kimchi is soft, add cooked angel hair pasta or any noodles.



I did this by just eyeballing the ingredients and hence I don't have a recipe for this. So if by any chance anyone is interested, you can always get the recipe from here.

Did I enjoy it? Sure thing! Will I cook this again? Yes!


20 comments:

  1. Wow. You have gone more adventurous and creative. A fusion dish of Western and Korean. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to use up my kimchi. It would most likely still be in the fridge by next year LOL!

      Delete
  2. Count me in as one of them, not a fan of kim chi. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you like the flavours of kimchi....why not kimchi fried pasta since you have a bottle of homemade kimchi at your disposal. And if you don't like kimchi, you can just substitute with a bottle of bolognese sauce...done! ;) I do like angel hair pasta...more so than regular spaghetti these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, me too! Angel hair pasta cooks a lot a faster.

      Delete
  4. I like your kimchi fried pasta very much! I prefer angel hair to spaghetti because angel hair is thinner so it is easier to eat and I love to eat kimchi so a win-win dish for me! Yummy! I understand your "Don't know" reply. I still have some ice cream in my fridge that I did not touch for a long time though I love to eat ice cream and the answer to why not finished yet is "Don't know". :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Hmmm... strangely, I don't have any ice cream in my freezer!

      Delete
  5. Looks good and the kimchi lovers will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can definitely handle kimchi pasta - but if you baked a kimchi cake, i might stay away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring on! I love Kim Chi always and have ready packets of authentic Korean made Kim Chi in my fridge. It is so easy to pack them into my luggage to bring overseas to eat with my cup noodles on some craving nights! It is quite common in Korea to see them put Kim Chi in pasta, rice dumplings and even buns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a versatile ingredient and I prefer to eat kimchi when it is incorporated into other dishes.

      Delete
  8. It looks really good PH but i am one of those who stays far away from kimchi...so its a no go for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried kimchi fried rice, but not pasta, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like kimchi fried rice. Maybe that's what I should cook next hah...hah...

      Delete