Tuesday 15 October 2019

Porkie Delights at Judy's@The Starling (CLOSED)


Hey there! Sorry for the unscheduled absence yesterday. I was in KL and had to leave the house early in the morning. Even then, the traffic was awful. Well, those of you who work in KL know what it is like.

Late afternoon, it rained cats and dogs. Good thing my partner was with me. It took us almost three hours to reach home. Crap!

So anyway, I meant to share with you what I had been eating last week. The last time when I visited Judy's@The Starling, it was to eat the Hakka Lei Cha. I have eaten the Lei Cha a few times and enjoyed it.


Besides Lei Cha, Judy's also serves pork dishes with rice. In fact more recently, crispy popiah and seaweed popiah have been added to the menu.


I decided to drop in to give the porkie dishes a try.


I tried the Hakka Stewed Pork with Fungus.


It came served like this, rice and finely cut greens (one of their Lei Cha ingredients) on a plate and the pork in a bowl.


Quite tasty I must say. The portion size is rather small for me and did not fill me up. So .... hee..hee...hee...


Then another day I tried the Preserved Vegetables (mui choy) Pork.


I poured the contents of the bowl onto my plate so that I could get the tasty gravy to mix with rice.


I enjoyed this one better than the first dish. Loved the flavors!


I went back again to try the Chili Bean Paste Pork. This time the meat was served on the plate, doing away with the bowl. I thinks it's better this way. The long beans were a nice change from the leafy greens. This by far, is my favorite of the lot.


Finally, I had the Chili Shrimp Minced Meat with Egg. This was also very good. Wonderful flavors came from the dried prawns (hae bee) and thumbs to the runny yolk fried egg.


Maybe next time I will try their popiah and perhaps order the Yam Abacus too.

14 comments:

  1. Lei cha? No, thank you but the mui choy pork...yes...yes...yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like the lei cha here hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. Hakka char yoke, mui choy kau yoke...all my favourite...provided if I can ask for (or choose) the leaner pieces. If I happen to be eating this with my husband, I'd cut off the bottom half for myself and give him the upper part...hihihi! ;) My MIL makes one of the best mui choy kau yoke I've ever eaten...and it's because of a secret ingredient she puts in (that comes out from a can)! :O P/S: Perhaps I'll let you in on the secret in a post I intend to write later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you love these dishes too! Well, you know me, bring on the fats! A recipe coming up, eh? Yes, yes, do share and also please tell how to prepare mui choy. It is something not familiar to me, though I love eating it now. You've got me wondering what's in the mysterious can!

      Delete
  3. I think i will enjoy the last three pork rice you had. Mui choy pork, chili bean pork and hae bee minced pork with egg. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very good but portion size is small. I think, also not enough for you hee..hee..

      Delete
  4. Wah, you have tried all the 4 pork dishes there. I think I will like the mui choy pork the best though I prefer lean meat instead of pork belly. I guess you like spicy food so that is why Chili Bean Paste Pork is your favourite pork meal there. Why is there a llao llao soft serve photo there without any caption? lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was still hungry so I went to eat my favorite frozen treat!

      Delete
  5. I like Yam Abacus and not many places offer it nowadays. I like Mui Choy Pork also because of the Mui Choy, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mu aunty cooked it once and she did it quite well. I did not realize that mui choy can taste so good hee..hee...

      Delete
  6. The option of brown rice caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the food you mentioned. Lei cha and all the porky dishes!

    ReplyDelete