Tuesday 25 July 2017

Fried Macaroni


After making Macaroni Soup, I decided to do something else with my stock of macaroni. There are many recipes for fried spaghetti and I thought why not fried macaroni. True enough, there are lots of recipes for macaroni goreng (fried macaroni) with many versions.



I had some leftover minced meat in the freezer and I decided to use that together with my supply of homemade chili paste. I basically used my usual recipe for cooking fried noodles. 


This loaded container of Fried Macaroni was my Sunday evening dinner. Yes, eaten on the sofa in front of the TV to a few episodes of my favorite TV series. Ah, this is the life!


Fried Macaroni
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked according the package instructions
- 3/4 cups minced meat
- 1/2 big onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp chili paste

Mix together :
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup

Method :
1. Pound onion and garlic into a paste.
2. Heat oil in wok and saute the pounded paste and chili paste until aromatic.
3. Add minced meat and stir fry until meat changes color.
4. Add a little bit of water and simmer covered until meat is cooked.
5. Add the soya sauce and tomato ketchup mixture.
6. Add cooked macaroni and stir fry until macaroni is coated with the meat and sauce.
7. Dish out and serve.

32 comments:

  1. They have that at the Sugar Bun outlets here, lacking in ingredients. Bet yours is nicer.
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/rainy-day/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually i saw Fried Macaroni is at Pasar Malam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look soooo yummy, must try lah one fine day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this comfort one dish meal for my lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should taste superb! I can eat this daily if not too spicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too spicy even though I added chili paste.

      Delete
  6. I definitely prefer Goreng Makaronee like this than the soup version. This is life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Used to have one stall in Kuching fried macaroni but I dont think it is there anymore. Ate it as a young girl. Looking at your recipe, makes me want to try and fry it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah..sedapnya makaroni goreng PH ni..saya mai lepas lunch pun buleh terliur tengok huhuh..
    Anak2 mmg suka kalau masak pasta camni, buat sup pun layannnn gak kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ph suka makan pasta. Buat stail gini pun best dan makan dengan leftover sambal jate :)

      Delete
  9. Ada lagi stok macaroni kt rumah tu..boleh cuba resepi PH ni.. jarang makan makaroni goreng.. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very good! I will surely love this! Yums, yums!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hihi...i dapat bayangkan macamana enjoynya you makan makaroni goreng depan TV LL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. LL suka makan depan TV, Hainom. Macam makanan tu bertambah sedap plak :D

      Delete
  12. Wahhhh.. new style leh... Fried macaroni.. Hey, I love eating and watching TV at the same time too.. very good appetite one and ends up eating more than the normal portion! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, true! That's why not encouraged to eat while watching TV :D

      Delete
  13. Fried macaroni must be delicious (I have not seen it or tried it before), I will like to have it but cannot be too spicy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can leave out the chili and it will still taste good.

      Delete
  14. Your fried macaroni definitely packed of flavors and I believe very spicy as well :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to me, won't mind cooking and eating again :)

      Delete
  15. Myanak2 pun suka fried macaroni. Macaroni bakar also good, on the top taruk cheese, wallah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yang taruk cheese pun best. Makan panas2.

      Delete