After making Macaroni Soup, I decided to do something else with my stock of macaroni. There are many recipes for fried spaghetti and I thought why not fried macaroni. True enough, there are lots of recipes for macaroni goreng (fried macaroni) with many versions.
I had some leftover minced meat in the freezer and I decided to use that together with my supply of homemade chili paste. I basically used my usual recipe for cooking fried noodles.
This loaded container of Fried Macaroni was my Sunday evening dinner. Yes, eaten on the sofa in front of the TV to a few episodes of my favorite TV series. Ah, this is the life!
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked according the package instructions
- 3/4 cups minced meat
- 1/2 big onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp chili paste
Mix together :
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1. Pound onion and garlic into a paste.
2. Heat oil in wok and saute the pounded paste and chili paste until aromatic.
3. Add minced meat and stir fry until meat changes color.
4. Add a little bit of water and simmer covered until meat is cooked.
5. Add the soya sauce and tomato ketchup mixture.
6. Add cooked macaroni and stir fry until macaroni is coated with the meat and sauce.
7. Dish out and serve.