When I saw this dish on Food Wishes I was immediately attracted simply because the dish looked so pretty. What attracted me even more was the idea of including sausages, peppers and potatoes into the baking pan.
There is nothing fussy about the preparation. I skipped the part where you pan fry the sausages first as I felt it was not necessary.
All your ingredients are spread on a baking tray and then baked in the oven for about 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
If your ingredients did not cook at the same time, just remove the cooked ones and continue to bake until the rest are done.
You can use any kind of sausages you like, choose one that has loads of flavors.
Roasted Chicken with Sausages and Vegetables
Recipe source : Adapted from Food Wishes
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 sausages, each cut into 3
- 1/2 each green, red and yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 big onion, sliced into wedges
- 4 chat potatoes, cut into quarters (I steamed the potatoes till half cooked first)
- some olive oil
- some Cajun seasoning
1. Put chicken thighs, sausages and all vegetables into a big mixing bowl.
2. Season with Cajun seasoning.
3. Drizzle olive oil and mix to coat all ingredients.
4. Pour everything onto a baking tray in a single layer.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.